newbie questions (proxy import/tweet with image)

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
rt2

Re: newbie questions (proxy import/tweet with image)

Post by rt2 »

Hi

the 22186.jpg file is 1600 X 1200

dont remember the twitter limitation, will have a look at it now and make sure all files located in that dir follow their specs

but I beleive TD should say successful/failed depending on the twitter error message.. right?

Regards
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

rt2 wrote:Hi

but I beleive TD should say successful/failed depending on the twitter error message.. right?
If only things were always that simple. Error messages might be provided - they might not. The file might seemingly upload correctly but still not work.

Error messages are usually display when detected, but unless I have triggered these, the formatting may / may not be known.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

rt2 wrote:Hi Martin

if I may suggest adding another 2 fields beside "directory of image or image description" to get 3 fields to enter filenames in them

1st contain the tweet info/text, 2nd for the image dir, 3rd for hashtags

and also an option to allow "random" tweets

as for arabic, I tried to change bio/names and it works well, But didnt use a file contains the info, instead I entered the data in the boxes provided

I'll try tweeting from a text file saved with notepad utf-8/unicode and see how it works

will edit a tweet and have a text files saved in both format and attatch it here or send it to you by mail.

Thank you.
IT is recommended you post each issue / suggestion in a separate thread with a clear, descriptive subject. IT makes it easier for others to find answers to a similar issue and for requests others may see it and give it a "me to", which shows me a feature is more in demand than by one user

as for arabic, I tried to change bio/names and it works well, But didnt use a file contains the info, instead I entered the data in the boxes provided

I'll try tweeting from a text file saved with notepad utf-8/unicode and see how it works
ok, let me know if it doesn't so I can look into it
rt2

Post by rt2 »

rt2 wrote:Hi Martin

if I may suggest adding another 2 fields beside "directory of image or image description" to get 3 fields to enter filenames in them

1st contain the tweet info/text, 2nd for the image dir, 3rd for hashtags

and also an option to allow "random" tweets

will edit a tweet and have a text files saved in both format and attatch it here or send it to you by mail.

Thank you.
IT is recommended you post each issue / suggestion in a separate thread with a clear, descriptive subject. IT makes it easier for others to find answers to a similar issue and for requests others may see it and give it a "me to", which shows me a feature is more in demand than by one user
will do, aplogize for any inconvebience

ok, let me know if it doesn't so I can look into it

will give it a test shortly and let you know.

Regards
rt2

Post by rt2 »

sorry, forgot to mention that arabic language is RTL..

some languages like arabic/urdo/hebrew/farsi are right to left

I tried a process with image and the hashtags came on the left, while it supposed to be in the right (beginning of the line)

so, when sending a text with hashtags it should be the text on the right side followed by the hashtags on the left

Thank you.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Can you send screen shots showing this

and how it appears if you do it from twitter.com

and send some example right to left text to test with.

If the information is private, please email it to me

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
rt2

Post by rt2 »

I sent you the example in the 2 files I emailed recently

will do a screenshot showing how the test I did appeared on twitter and emaile it to you today

Thank you
rt2

Post by rt2 »

Hi Martin

just emailed you the screenshot.

Thanks