newbie questions (proxy import/tweet with image)

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
rt2

newbie questions (proxy import/tweet with image)

Post by rt2 »

Hi

I just registered twitterdub and started using it, would like to ask some questions..

1- how can I import a list of proxies (IP:PORT)?

2- is it possible to tweet with image ? I mean both together (text & image attached)?

TIA.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: newbie questions (proxy import/tweet with image)

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Create a file of your proxies in the specified format
then load the proxies to the proxy control
then use the ACCOUNT PROXIES link on the accounts to bulk set your accounts

Or if you just have a handful of accounts, might be easier to just double click the accounts and set hte proxy manually

2- is it possible to tweet with image ? I mean both together (text & image attached)?
yes, click the tweet with image menu icon

Do check the tutorials, all this should be covered

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... nlEefs2Gan
rt2

Post by rt2 »

martin@rootjazz wrote:Create a file of your proxies in the specified format
then load the proxies to the proxy control
then use the ACCOUNT PROXIES link on the accounts to bulk set your accounts

Or if you just have a handful of accounts, might be easier to just double click the accounts and set hte proxy manually

yes, click the tweet with image menu icon

Do check the tutorials, all this should be covered

I visited the youtube playlist but couldnt find the video which explain how to import the text file containing proxies list..

I can see the "account proxies" below the accounts listing, but cant see where to import the proxies file, I have the file ready with the format of "IP:PORT" each ip in a seperate line but dont know where to import it..

as for tweets with images, is it in the "tweet" icon, or "images tweet"?

or, please give me the url to the video explaining that because the playlist got many videos

Thanks for the support

Regards
rt2

Post by rt2 »

sorry, found the tweet with image, went to "image tweet" and clicked "view example file", I beleive thats the one ?

but still cant find how to import a text file containing long list of proxies:

ip:port
ip:port
...etc

Thank you.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

as for tweets with images, is it in the "tweet" icon, or "images tweet"?

or, please give me the url to the video explaining that because the playlist got many videos
goto the URL posted above

search page for images:

post images to twitter twitterdub tutorial 2

post images to twitter twitterdub tutorial 1

As for importing proxies, there is no tutorial

Create a text file of your proxies
Click the IMPORT button the proxies control

How many accounts are you trying set the proxies for?
rt2

Post by rt2 »

Hi Martin

Thanks, I found it, actualy I couldnt find "proxy control", I didnt noticed you mean "account proxies"

just got proxy imported and working

I thought I can add a list say 100 proxies to the program, and when one fails then another one will be select automatically to the account using the failed proxy

I have 5 accounts to begin with and testing the functions to make sure I got how to use them properly before I add the other accounts

got about 200 proxies in the text file

btw, as for tweeting text with images, can you tell me how can add a text file containg about 1000 line and attach images located in one folder to tweet all randomaly?

I find it a little hard to edit one text file and append texts to each line as specified in the example:

c:\images\1.jpg tweet contents #hashtag
c:\images\2.jpg tweet contents2 #hashtag

also, how about unicode/utf-8 support, because the content is in arabic language

Thanks so much for the support

Regards.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

rt2 wrote:Hi Martin

I thought I can add a list say 100 proxies to the program, and when one fails then another one will be select automatically to the account using the failed proxy
No, this isn't how it works I'm afraid. Your proxies shouldn't really be failing that often to require it
I have 5 accounts to begin with and testing the functions to make sure I got how to use them properly before I add the other accounts
IS probably easier to just manually set the proxies.

but to bulk update:
Goto the ACCOUNTS tab
IMPORT the proxies you want to use to the proxy control
CHECK the accounts you want to update
Under the accounts list control, you will see a link
ACCOUNTS PROXIES > REASSIGN PROXIES

Now each proxy in the proxy control will be used in sequence to all the selected accounts

btw, as for tweeting text with images, can you tell me how can add a text file containg about 1000 line and attach images located in one folder to tweet all randomaly?
What structure do you have your details in? Am always open to adding new ways to help customers work in a method they want. The reason things are not currently included, is because
a) I never thought of it
b) no one requested it.

I don't like to just add random things that * I THINK * people may want, invariably I am wrong and waste time coding features no one wants nor users. Thus I want for requests, more users request a feature it gets added. Or if a feature makes sense and probably has mass appeal it gets added
I find it a little hard to edit one text file and append texts to each line as specified in the example:

c:\images\1.jpg tweet contents #hashtag
c:\images\2.jpg tweet contents2 #hashtag
If you data is not like that, you would probably need some text processing skills / excel knowledge in order to generate it, but let me know how your data is and will see what I can do
also, how about unicode/utf-8 support, because the content is in arabic language

Honestly, no idea. It *SHOULD* work, but if it doesn't, let me know and I will look into fix. If you want to send me some Arabic text to test with (please generic text, nothing niche specific / nsfw eg "this is a test" or "I am testing" etc ;-)
rt2

Post by rt2 »

Hi Martin

I'll try to get a code to produce the file contains the format accepted by TD

if I may suggest adding another 2 fields beside "directory of image or image description" to get 3 fields to enter filenames in them

1st contain the tweet info/text, 2nd for the image dir, 3rd for hashtags

and also an option to allow "random" tweets

as for arabic, I tried to change bio/names and it works well, But didnt use a file contains the info, instead I entered the data in the boxes provided

I'll try tweeting from a text file saved with notepad utf-8/unicode and see how it works

will edit a tweet and have a text files saved in both format and attatch it here or send it to you by mail.

Thank you.
rt2

Post by rt2 »

I just emailed the file to support@rootjazz.com

btw, just tried changing the "header background image" by adding a folder in the field, I got "Failed" message in the processing when I viwed the accounts, but it was actially success..

Checking account: xxxx
Posting header img
* FAILED: upload header: xxxx X:\backgrounds\22186.jpg

Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Was the header image allowed (as per twitter requirements)

Not too big / small / dimensions etc

will check your other details