Error with "Watch for followers" action

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
terry_oi

Error with "Watch for followers" action

Post by terry_oi »

Hi, I'm using the latest version (1.1.3.5) and getting errors when using the Watch for followers action to send auto-DMs and mentions to my new followers.

Stream Stopped:
* ERROR: https://userstream.twitter.com/1.1/user ... followings web request timed out.
Stream Stopped:
* ERROR: Could not receive information related with currently logged user.

It started with just one of my twitter accounts but now all seem to get the same error. All other actions seem to work fine except this one.
Logs id: 52456
Any suggestions?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Error with "Watch for followers" action

Post by martin@rootjazz »

You are not running any network sniffers / proxies on your machine? Anything that binds to 127.0.0.1? This can stop the stream / watch actions from working correctly
terry_oi

Post by terry_oi »

None that i'm aware of. Proxy is set to automatically detect settings on windows 8.1 that i use. Could it be another setting that i could check?
It used to work fine up to 3-4 days ago though and i didn't really change any settings on my pc. Could it be something else?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

You haven't installed any other software recently?

You have tried the usual fixes? restart machine /reinstall? Shouldn't make a difference but....

can you submit logs

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)
terry_oi

Post by terry_oi »

I have installed a couple of programs recently but i think that was after the errors began happening - can't remember for sure..

I did restart my pc and also reinstalled the latest version of Twitterdub and now 2 accounts out of 5 seem to work totally fine. The other 3 accounts still show errors for the "watch for followers" action (so that's not working) but all other actions work ok.

My logs id is: 93905 - Any other suggestions?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

the three accounts that aren't working, are they following too many ?

The error "seems" to be coming from an external library
TryRaiseTooMuchFollowerWarning

this triggers a path that ends up with your issue
terry_oi

Post by terry_oi »

After a while all accounts eventually showed an error for the "watch for followers" action so none is working properly now for that action although all other actions seem to work fine. Last error message they show is:
Stream Stopped:
* ERROR: https://userstream.twitter.com/1.1/user ... followings web request timed out.
Stream Stopped:
* ERROR: Could not receive information related with currently logged user.

If you meant total amount of followings, all accounts have anywhere from around 2,000 up to 10,000 followings or so and i've set the software to follow up to 80 accounts max every day for each account.

Any suggestions?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

terry_oi wrote:
If you meant total amount of followings, all accounts have anywhere from around 2,000 up to 10,000 followings or so and i've set the software to follow up to 80 accounts max every day for each account.

Any suggestions?
I mean the total amount of accounts the account is following.

The error "seemingly" is not coming from Twitterdub, but a base library that provides core functionality to twitter. They are raising the exception - "too many followings" which is seemingly passed back from twitter

What are you trying to perform - action wise - when your accounts get a new follower?
terry_oi

Post by terry_oi »

When i get a new follower i've set it up to send them a direct message and a tweet @mention (action once every 1-9sec / pause before action 20-40ssec).
Could it be cause i'm running 5 "watch for follower" actions simultaneously (for 5 separate accounts) or what else could it be?
Would it help if i gave you the exact number of followings and followers for each account?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Are these on separate proxies / IPs?

Are you using custom client API keys? or authorised to just one?

Try running with a single watch followers action for 24-48 hours. Does the issue persist?