[Help] Cannot use this due to an error

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
helpfulgiant

[Help] Cannot use this due to an error

Post by helpfulgiant »

My current problem is I cannot use this software. Alright my version is the latest stable version, 1.1.3.2. I keep getting a failed error. Its exact description "ERROR: Not Found - The URI requested is invalid or the resource requested, such as a user, does not exists. Also returned when the requested format is not supported by the requested method. 404" And "144 - No status found with that ID". These 2 errors are there constantly there when trying to run an action. I can login in the account fine and my app is fine. But still cannot use any following, liking, etc due to these 2 errors.

---------

Also a simple fix to the LibProcessing.ExAction failed error.

I figured out the solution to the problem when the database versions have given you an error if you simply double click it. The NET version must be the offline version downloaded from the Microsoft website version 4.5.2 not just 4.5 with web installer download.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: [Help] Cannot use this due to an error

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I am not entirely sure what you are doing to cause that error. Can you give a list of instructions of what you do to cause it? ie.
goto like tab
select account
specify search of a, b, c
check box x, y z
click run

etc

Also send over the processing logs

Please perform the following:

delete existing logs
HELP > LOGS > VIEW
delete all files in the folder that opens

Perform the action: * perform the above detailed action, actioning on 2-3 items *

PLEASE NOTE: Do not perform other actions at the same time. Only use one thread. Do not run any actions after this action.

Then submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

and let me know the LOGS ID (just the number part is sufficient)

Regards,
Martin
helpfulgiant

Post by helpfulgiant »

I have flushed all logs and have sent the replicated the error only. Then closed the program.
The log is logs: 37818
The steps for my setup up to this point:
1st I made the app through the browser.
2nd I tried to simply put in my global keys I generated from the app. I tried it on 2 times on the same account and I ended up with 2 accounts with slightly different information one led with the email the other led with the username. So I deleted one email one.
3rd That did not work so I used the "show api key" option on the account to investigate what happened.
4th I realized I had no OAuth key or Olauth secert on the account. And had no idea those had to be generated for the app to function. So I generated the details on the app through twitter using the firefox browser.
5th My app worked up to the point, of at least logging in but could not do any basic twitter actions because that specific error kept resurfacing.

Through this method 1 big question arises for me, 1. Will I have to make an app for each account I use, to input the olauth secret and key through the custom option?

Update: Lib error has replaced the other error now for some strange reason. But no where near as bad as before because I can at least change all the account details.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

thanks for new logs. I will investigate as soon as I return home Saturday, although may take a couple of days as got a bit backlog of things to check
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

your logs don't really give me much I'm afraid. Have added extra debugging and will send you a new update version shortly.

Although, from how you said you generated your api keys / oauth keys, that *migh* be something to do with it.

Could you try:

Double click your account in accounts list
in the popup form, check SHOW API INFO
remove your oauth keys - leaving just the API / consumer client keys
Check / uncheck the box to not verify on save. So you are NOT verifying on save (I forget if you need to check / uncheck, but do NOT verify
On the accounts tab, check your account, then click the button AUTHORISE ACCOUNTS

This adds an action to the processor, run it. Then check the processing logs - double click the action. Did it work? If not, send me the processings logs and submit app logs
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)
helpfulgiant

Post by helpfulgiant »

Hi I did as instructed and it still did not work. The log number for that is #41172.

From there I tried to take matters in my own hands again and deleted the account from TD and reinitialized the account (by simply putting in all the same info again). Then went in experimented with the verification button by leaving it checked trying then unchecked. The log of all this effort is in #69804.

Has this been updated yet for more advanced debugging?

And lastly when applying and doing the twitter application does the website have to exist & be valid because the tutorial said it can be skipped but registration wanted it?

Ok I think I discovered the cause, somehow the phone number was removed completely from the account after a period of time (I do not know how long it was removed but it was there when the app was originally made.) Perhaps I should make another app and try again? So does that make the previous app invalid if the phone number magically goes away from the account?

Also, I noticed my app keeps putting out my original ip (in the twitter data section), is there any way to put the app under the proxy?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

It appears you created your application API wrongly:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<hash>
<error>Desktop applications only support the oauth_callback value 'oob'</error>
<request>/oauth/request_token</request>
</hash>
You must enter a callback URL (it doesn't need to exist, but it must be entered (and do not enter google / instagram.com or really domains YOU do not own)

e.g.
http://kjdshfskdfh.com/auth.php

If you go back and watch the tutorial video, or view the tutorial post (there should be one with some screen shots showing what to do) then double check EVERYTHING you have done to make sure it is correct

From there I tried to take matters in my own hands again and deleted the account from TD and reinitialized the account (by simply putting in all the same info again). Then went in experimented with the verification button by leaving it checked trying then unchecked. The log of all this effort is in #69804.
If you delete the account, add it again, DO NOT VERIFY the account on save. Then goto ACCOUNTS tab, check the account and click AUTHORISE ACCOUNTS

you will get an action in the processor, which will log out tthe process for you to see and should give more information (like I found above) about what is going wrong

And lastly when applying and doing the twitter application does the website have to exist & be valid because the tutorial said it can be skipped but registration wanted it?
you have to enter it, but you can make it up
Also, I noticed my app keeps putting out my original ip (in the twitter data section), is there any way to put the app under the proxy?
I have no idea what you are referring to here :) can you give more info
helpfulgiant

Post by helpfulgiant »

Ok I put in a callback url and now the app check passed! Thank you for your support!
Its almost ready, however, before I can use it I need to know two things.

1. Do I have to have an app for every account or can I simply have all accounts under 1 app account?
2. The issue about my original IP being exposed is simply here: 1st go to twitter under any account 2nd Next click on settings under the twitter icon 3rd click "Your Twitter Data" it is the bottom one on the left sidebar. Now from there Twitter actually shows what was the last IP under "Login History". The app has IP (the original one), is there a way to put this under a proxy ? Or what is a way to put a windows computer under a proxy system wide? The only solutions I have come up with are:
1. use a vps
2. use a vpn (if this can somehow be configured to be used system wide)
3. Figure out which browser Tw. Dub. is using and change its proxy settings (but will the browser be able to put in the user/password to use the program)?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

helpfulgiant wrote:Ok I put in a callback url and now the app check passed! Thank you for your support!
Its almost ready, however, before I can use it I need to know two things.

1. Do I have to have an app for every account or can I simply have all accounts under 1 app account?
You can do either.
Single app each, or authorise to a global app, or share the app keys, X accs to 1 app, is up to you
2. The issue about my original IP being exposed is simply here: 1st go to twitter under any account 2nd Next click on settings under the twitter icon 3rd click "Your Twitter Data" it is the bottom one on the left sidebar. Now from there Twitter actually shows what was the last IP under "Login History". The app has IP (the original one), is there a way to put this under a proxy ? Or what is a way to put a windows computer under a proxy system wide? The only solutions I have come up with are:
1. use a vps
2. use a vpn (if this can somehow be configured to be used system wide)
3. Figure out which browser Tw. Dub. is using and change its proxy settings (but will the browser be able to put in the user/password to use the program)?
Double click the account you want to set a proxy for
an accounts details form pops up
check box - advanced
you should see an ACCOUNT PROXY

enter your proxy there, then EVERYTHING the accoutn does is via the proxy

Regards,
Martin