OAuth Keys and Proxies

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
benarata

OAuth Keys and Proxies

Post by benarata »

When using the API and we have an OAuth Key token and OAuth Secret for an account (that we only have a Username and PW for):

1) Is there an amount or number of these types of accounts using the OAuth Key’s that we should use per proxie? For example 4 accounts to one proxie or 2 accounts to one proxie.

2) When we connect with the API with the OAuth token do we even need to assign proxies to the accounts?

I have added 100 accounts and have the OAuth Key and the OAuth secret assigned to each of the accounts. However, I have not assigned any proxies to these accounts yet and have not Verifyed the Login yet, will I need to add the proxies to each of the accounts before I verify the Login?

Thank You.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: OAuth Keys and Proxies

Post by martin@rootjazz »

benarata wrote:When using the API and we have an OAuth Key token and OAuth Secret for an account (that we only have a Username and PW for):

1) Is there an amount or number of these types of accounts using the OAuth Key’s that we should use per proxie? For example 4 accounts to one proxie or 2 accounts to one proxie.
The program is setup to work like a webserver, So it is like your accounts have been authorised to a public website, who is interacting with the API for you. So having one IP per multiple accounts isn't such a bug deal. BUT, it depends what you are doing. Spamming / annoying users getting lots of complaints you may want to reduce the numbers per IP than if you were behaving yourself

2) When we connect with the API with the OAuth token do we even need to assign proxies to the accounts?
It is up to you really. Using proxies is basically risk management. Depends what you will be doing and how hard you will do it.

I would recommend proxies and removing as many footprints as possible to avoid any links between accounts, but to what level, is your call really.