Following feature seems inconsistent

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Dinozor

Following feature seems inconsistent

Post by Dinozor »

Been using my accounts to follow 500 people a day, the accounts are nowhere near the follow limit, yet when I start the process, I get this error in the process feed:

Code: Select all

RateLimiting check: xxxx
* ERROR: Forbidden - The request is understood, but it has been refused or access is not allowed. An accompanying error message will explain why. This code is used when requests are being denied due to update limits.
* ERROR Info: You are unable to follow more people at this time. Learn more <a href='http://support.twitter.com/articles/66885-i-can-t-follow-people-follow-limits'>here</a>.
* FAILED : 2994573556 user: xxxxx
Now the error code does seem self explanatory, saying I'm unable to follow more, but I know that's not true as no following has been done in this 24 hour period, and I am nowhere near a following limit.

Sometimes, when you redo the process, the following will work ok, sometimes it just refuses to happen. Any ideas?

logs are: 57304
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Following feature seems inconsistent

Post by martin@rootjazz »

you have triggered a limit.

Probably too much too quick. If twitter says you can do X in 24 hours, doesn't mean you can do Y within 1 hour (for example)

Give it break for a bit, it should come back. If not, you may need to generate a new API key set