Can I tranfer certain settings from one CustomDB to another

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
RunBCreditSEO

Can I tranfer certain settings from one CustomDB to another

Post by RunBCreditSEO »

My issue is that when I start a new instance I have to authorize all the accounts again which for me can take a while cause I have so many.

I also lost my serial number for Twitterdub so starting a new project is not possible, but I sent you a pm for that.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Can I tranfer certain settings from one CustomDB to anot

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Go here
%appdata%\rootjazz\

you will see folders like

twitterdub (main install)
then your customdbs
twitterdubtest
twitterdubfakeaccs
twitterdubfeeder

Bolded the instance names.

Simply copy the folder to the new instance name, load the instance and the data will load in

But not sure why you copying existing data over, are you REMOVING it from one instance to another, or duplicating? Might not be a good idea to run same accounts across multiple instances
RunBCreditSEO

Post by RunBCreditSEO »

Why would using the same accounts across instances be a problem?
I actually started to notice that.

Look I have thousands of accounts, I would love it if I can use share across all accounts all the time because it eats up less memory and keeps my processing tab clean and easy to deal with. The only problem with that then is the action limit acts differently like you said then the action limit limits the entire process vs limiting the action for each account.

It also limits how I use the processing tab. For example, I have my main account which has different settings and such than my feeder accounts since it is also phone verified it just makes sense and in general the main account does different things than my feeder accounts. So I get the processes going for my main account which is about four processes. But then if I set the feeder accounts to lets say follow, without using share across all accounts which seems, with my limited understanding, to be my only choice, then the process tab drowns in a 1000 processes for the feeder accounts and also disrupting my main account processes because I wont set the process tab to run over a 1000 processes.

So I end up having of instance for each separate action. I have an instance with my main account, then an instance with feeder accounts following, another with feeder accounts favoriting, etc. Is there a better way to do this? If you dont understand Ill make a short video showing and explaining no problem.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

capt.joseeperez wrote:Why would using the same accounts across instances be a problem?
I actually started to notice that.
Why would you want to?

the instances are self contained. So acc1 in instanceA doesn't know what acc1 has performed in instanceB

You may have acc1 performing actions in instanceA,B,C etc. Doing too many things are once which is not realistic

Look I have thousands of accounts, I would love it if I can use share across all accounts all the time because it eats up less memory and keeps my processing tab clean and easy to deal with. The only problem with that then is the action limit acts differently like you said then the action limit limits the entire process vs limiting the action for each account.
put accs1-500 in instanceA
acc500-1000 in instanceB

etc

It also limits how I use the processing tab. For example, I have my main account which has different settings and such than my feeder accounts since it is also phone verified it just makes sense and in general the main account does different things than my feeder accounts. So I get the processes going for my main account which is about four processes. But then if I set the feeder accounts to lets say follow, without using share across all accounts which seems, with my limited understanding, to be my only choice, then the process tab drowns in a 1000 processes for the feeder accounts and also disrupting my main account processes because I wont set the process tab to run over a 1000 processes.

So I end up having of instance for each separate action. I have an instance with my main account, then an instance with feeder accounts following, another with feeder accounts favoriting, etc. Is there a better way to do this? If you dont understand Ill make a short video showing and explaining no problem.
Of course you can do that, ultimately up to you. I tend to keep accounts to an instance.

As for memory uses, I hope to get an update out soonish that better handles 100s-1000s of accounts, probably a few weeks off though