Mobile Numbers & Key Generation

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
henryr

Mobile Numbers & Key Generation

Post by henryr »

Hi Martin & Co,

First off this is the best twitter automation I've seen. Can't wait to start using it more for real.

Next... what I feel must be the most stupidly obvious question however I just want to check.

When adding a new account does that account have to have a mobile number assigned to it even if you click use global api keys?

And is it advantageous to have unique APIs for each account so I don't run into any API limit issues?

Thank you very much for this Martin.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Mobile Numbers & Key Generation

Post by martin@rootjazz »

First off this is the best twitter automation I've seen. Can't wait to start using it more for real.
many thanks

When adding a new account does that account have to have a mobile number assigned to it even if you click use global api keys?
To generate a CONSUMER API KEY that account needs to have a phone number assigned to it. But once you have the CONSUMER KEYS, other NON-PVA accounts can be authorised to those KEYS

And is it advantageous to have unique APIs for each account so I don't run into any API limit issues?
Limits are on a per user basis, it doesn't matter on the CONSUMER KEYS that accounts are AUTHORISED to.

Depending on your use case, it may be a good idea to use separate CONSUMER APP API KEYS per account. For example, if you were being a bit more "spammy" and annoying users and likely to get complaints and lose your account, API access, then you may not want to be authorised with other money / real accounts.

But if you are using the API in a more responsible manner, it is fine