API suspension

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
major48

API suspension

Post by major48 »

Got a notice from Twitter today that my API App is suspended. They don't really tell you why. They just make you send a message to support. So I don't know if Twitterdub does something against their API policy
major48

Re: API suspension

Post by major48 »

Got this back after contacting twitter:
Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. Your app has been restricted or suspended due to one or more violations of our Developer Agreement and Policy, Automation Rules, Display Requirements and/or Twitter Rules. Common reasons for this happening include:

Users reporting content posted through your app as spam (Tweets, RTs, favs, DMs, etc.)
Abusive use of automations, like auto-following/unfollowing
Suspicious API usage, such as repeatedly hitting rate limits
Display violations regarding how you must show Tweets
This list is not exhaustive, so review our policy documentation to ensure that your app and your app’s users are following all of our rules.

Please respond to this email if you need further clarification, but note that we will only consider a request to lift this restriction after you provide us with the following information:

App ID and consumer key
Link to and instructions on how to log into your app to review it for compliance
A list of specific changes that you have made to resolve policy non-compliance
We will not respond to requests to lift restrictions that do not include this information.

Regards,

Twitter Platform Operations
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

major48 wrote:So I don't know if Twitterdub does something against their API policy
It only does what you tell it to.

So what were you doing?

Spamming? By that I mean: Repeatedly sending the same DM / reply to tweet / @mentions / quote retweets?

Could your actions be considered to "annoy" users?

Were you too aggressive in following / liking: too much too quick?

Are you able to create a new consumer app API key? If so, should be all good. If not, you will need another account that can create api keys, then it will be business as usuall
major48

Post by major48 »

Well I just setup the daily promo option and don't touch it. I did have it set on "aggressive" though. Maybe I will make a api with another account and set it on normal.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, I will reduce all limits for the daily promo as well.

Also, I think the default searches could do with looking at as well. As the idea with the daily promo is to be a safe and easy way to set things up.

I think I will remove aggressive and just leave "normal" and "safe"
major48

Post by major48 »

Just a update. Since I created the new campaign and set it on normal I have had no API issues
dangerousmind

Post by dangerousmind »

major48, appreciate if could you share what your following and liking rate were like? That way we all could benefit at being in the safe side. :mrgreen:
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

The daily promo module has now had aggressive removed, just SAFE and NORMAL left now (which have also been reduced)

IIRC, aggressive was Follow: 300 like 500