Stuck on step 1. Phone verified.

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bananarama

Stuck on step 1. Phone verified.

Post by bananarama »

I've got hundreds of accounts I'm using successfully with FollowLiker. None, including my personal account, are phone verified. Am I correct in assuming that I will not be able to use this bot without somehow phone verifying each of the hundreds of accounts?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Stuck on step 1. Phone verified.

Post by martin@rootjazz »

You can phone verify one account which will be used to generate API consumer keys, then authorise all accounts to this consumer key
bananarama

Post by bananarama »

Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't that be letting them know all the accounts are connected? It took me a long time to build these accounts, and none have ever had issues. Definitely don't want to do anything at all that could lead to them being lumped together by TW.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Yes, accounts using the same consumer keys could be linked together. Similarly, if you sign up for a twitter service on a website, they will have on backend consumer keys they are authorising you on.
bananarama

Post by bananarama »

What do people with lots of accounts do? I'm not even aware of any way to separately phone verify hundreds of accounts. Never needed to before with 3 different bots. Is there a solution that doesn't involve linking accounts I've been very careful NOT to link?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

What do people with lots of accounts do? I'm not even aware of any way to separately phone verify hundreds of accounts. Never needed to before with 3 different bots.
The other bots must be doing different automation - through the website rather than the API
Is there a solution that doesn't involve linking accounts I've been very careful NOT to link?
At the moment, unfortunately it seems your use case is not suited to Twitterdub.