Cannot create consumer keys / client application keys

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Cannot create consumer keys / client application keys

Post by martin@rootjazz »

If twitterdub keeps failing to create the consumer keys / client application keys, whether from the walk through, or when adding account or when clicking the "create consumer keys" button on the accounts tab, please attempt it manually

Instructions here
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1474

Please note, the account being used MUST HAVE A PHONE NUMBER ASSIGNED TO IT. The easiest way to do this is via
https://mobile.twitter.com/settings

Please note, this is the MOBILE VERSION of twitter, this is correct. Adding the phone number from the normal site, may not work as twitter is stupid and will say they cannot support your carrier, add it to the mobile site and it should, fingers crossed work.

Then once you have the consumer keys, add them to the SETTINGS TAB > GLOBAL CONSUMER KEYS boxes at the top, go to the accounts tab, if you have added your account already, check it and click AUTHORISE ACCOUNT if you haven't added the account, click the ADD button at the bottom and add it.
RunBCreditSEO

Re: Cannot create consumer keys / client application keys

Post by RunBCreditSEO »

I attempted it manually as well as automatic options.

I double checked to make sure the account is phone verified.

ID:logs_jperezmusicgmailcom_78212 sorry for submitting twice.

Assuming I get this api key going, can I use that app for all my accounts or do I need to setup each account like this?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Once you have a global consumer / client API key setup, you can then just authorise all your accounts to that consumer key (or you can create separate keys for each account)

Checking your logs now
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

capt.joseeperez wrote:I attempted it manually
so you managed to create the consumer keys?

Make sure you add them to the SETTINGS TAB

Then if you haven't yet, add your account :
Accounts tab > ADD > Enter your details, check DO NOT VERIFY > click save
On the ACCOUNTS tab, check the account you just added, click the button AUTHORISE ACCOUNT

Go to PROCESSING tab, click RUN if it isn't on.
If the action to authorise your account doesn't succeed, please submit logs again
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

pbids

Post by pbids »

I am getting this error when attempting to authorize.

* FAILED: 097398 : Couldn't get Oauthverifier from URL : https://twitter.com/login/error?redirec ... AABTkS95kA 200
Couldn't get Oauthverifier from URL : https://twitter.com/login/error?redirec ... AABTkS95kA 200

Logs: 82626
RunBCreditSEO

Post by RunBCreditSEO »

Yep I tried doing what you said and Im still getting a fail, submitted logs.

I will pm you a screen shot of my api secret and key settings in twitterdub

Couple of suggestions:

Tooltips for the tabs im having trouble finding what I need or the modules option in the main menu

Edit option for accounts already imported? Im probably just missing it.

Logs jperezmusicgmailcom_69965
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

pbids wrote:I am getting this error when attempting to authorize.

* FAILED: 097398 : Couldn't get Oauthverifier from URL : https://twitter.com/login/error?redirec ... AABTkS95kA 200
Couldn't get Oauthverifier from URL : https://twitter.com/login/error?redirec ... AABTkS95kA 200

Logs: 82626
A few people are having this issue. I have an idea on how to fix it, hopefully an update ready today
RunBCreditSEO

Post by RunBCreditSEO »

As long as its not on my end then were good. I just wanna take this moment to tell you about how freaking relieved and excited I was when I got the email for this beta test from you. Rootjazz is by far the best bot maker, no other bots even come close to the features, reliability and support. Although there are some good choices out there for some other social networks for something like twitter the only bot that offers the features you offer which is twitter bomb is rediculously expensive. Followliker sucks for use with mass accounts. although it is cheap but not usable for me. But I have come to the conclusion All my social media bots will be rootjazz all the way. Now if you can only make a facebook. I can give you advice for making facebook bot. Ive used all of them.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

thanks for your kind words :)

http://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

If could try this and see how it goes. It might work, it might not. Although I hope it does. If not, submit logs
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

and let me know.

As for a facebook bot, that is next I hope. But am not sure about whether it should be a browser bot / attempt an HTTP bot (although this could be detected by FB due to lack of JS support or so I hear) or perhaps an online bot. But is probably quite a bit off (months rather than weeks)

But I don't use facebook, so would be interested to hear your views on what the bot should do, how it should do it etc