martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by martin@rootjazz »

:)
bitcoin

A basic Actions backup system with templates: a short list of ideas

Post by bitcoin »

As someone finding herself regularly re-creating Action rules because of newbe mistakes in timing, I propose the following...

We can export an action and import it again IF nothing changed to the accounts they are linked to.

We can't easily view or edit the exported .bin files.

Created Actions easily can get lost by accidentailly removing them (after a while) when we press the 'cleanup finished' actions buttons. Or other reasons. Or it gets really messy and you forgot what each rule exactly is doing for an account so you decide to clean up and remove them all and re-add only the rules truly needed.

My proposal:
Every tab has a button that starts the creation of an Action.
IF such a button is pressed, all current values of that tab are automatically saved to a folder. Let's call it Action Template. It will not save the accounts to be used, only the other values.

Automatically saved files get the following name (no dialogues):
..\ACCOUNTNAME1-FOLDER\ACTION MASS RETWEET @ToBeRetweeted 20170727 23.15.40.TDTemplate
..\ACCOUNTNAME2-FOLDER\ACTION SEARCH FOLLOW Followers @anotheraccount date time.TDTemplate
etc. (you know the program best, so you'd know how to build the filenames. It's just important they can be sorted in a meaningful way).

Starting over? Go to your folder and select Action Templates you want to add again (or use an Import function, preferrably multi file selection but single selection will do too for now). TD automatically loads the values of each field in the corresponding tab. We just select an account to go with it and press a button that creates the Action once more.
When you make it with multiple Action imports, each Template file with its values gets opened one by one and as soon as a new Action is created (from the previously imported Template), the next one pops up. Repeat until all selected files are recreated / edited / saved / skipped / .... Your logic in this will be better than mine. Or you make it real easy and only allow 1 Template to be imported each time. Which is kinda cumbersome for us, but something to get us started.

This will give us a primitive backup system.
This will probably give us an editible (notepad) Template file (Action Template).
This will give support a firm insight in the settings and rules used (a simple text dir listing might be enough to see it all in one glance - no more asses like me screwing up their timings)
This will give me oversight of all the actions and rules I have. When rebuilding an account or reusing actions for a new account would be a real brease. No? What do you think? :)

And speaking without coding experience... A simple setup should be easily build, no?

Let me know, maybe one day you are glad I bought into this software ; -)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: A basic Actions backup system with templates: a short list of ideas

bitcoin wrote:As someone finding herself regularly re-creating Action rules because of newbe mistakes in timing, I propose the following...

We can export an action and import it again IF nothing changed to the accounts they are linked to.
You can export / import actions. This is more for a backup of actions you "may" want to run again in the future, not to edit.

We can't easily view or edit the exported .bin files.
correct, I wouldn't even try to edit them things would break

However there should be "some" basic editing of actions if you right click an action > EDIT DB or > REDO AND EDIT (something like that). Should be able to edit keywords / values / limits etc

My proposal:
Every tab has a button that starts the creation of an Action.
IF such a button is pressed, all current values of that tab are automatically saved to a folder. Let's call it Action Template. It will not save the accounts to be used, only the other values.

Automatically saved files get the following name (no dialogues):
..\ACCOUNTNAME1-FOLDER\ACTION MASS RETWEET @ToBeRetweeted 20170727 23.15.40.TDTemplate
..\ACCOUNTNAME2-FOLDER\ACTION SEARCH FOLLOW Followers @anotheraccount date time.TDTemplate
etc. (you know the program best, so you'd know how to build the filenames. It's just important they can be sorted in a meaningful way).

Will add something *THAT ATTEMPTS* to do this. It isn't 100% export ./ import due to some funny controls being awkward to automate, but for most basic controls should work. Might be "good enough" for what you need.

The problem with making it 100% compatible, isn't that it is difficult just long and labourious and any GUI change requires it to be redone and I'll forget and it will be a half-arsed job. So something automatic would be best, but that would have had to be built in from the start and it wasn't and too far down that road now to do it...

This will probably give us an editible (notepad) Template file (Action Template).
you already do, right click the action> EDIT ACTION or COPY AND EDIT ACTION

And speaking without coding experience... A simple setup should be easily build, no?
:)
Let me know, maybe one day you are glad I bought into this software ; -)
One day ;-)

I'll get the import / export tab exports added to ttwitterdub, it was already in the tumblr bot,
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

well that was fast :) Version number hasn't changed compared to last day's build?

I know of the right click option to edit or import. How though would one link it to an updated / new /fresh account | installation? it feels like I keep missing some stuff to adjust, that's why I came up with this idea.

I'll see what you made and how it works. For sure, I won't find any problems with it... :twisted:

; -)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

I didn't update the download link on the webpage, is corrected now
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz wrote:https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

I didn't update the download link on the webpage, is corrected now
Well that *is* fast. I'll see how it works and where it resides... Is it the bottom "Export" button? I'll repost if I can't figure it out - for now, thanks! :)
bitcoin

Mass Retweet All new Of @USER: filter

Post by bitcoin »

Martin,

How would I achieve a Mass Retweet All New Of (user) but with filter (Whitelist / Blacklist)? This way I can catch special announcements from certain accounts. And a blacklist never hurts :)

Or should I look at a different place (like the live streams - I still try to figure that one out - if you have a video with information about that, do link me please)?

Enjoy your day!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Mass Retweet All new Of @USER: filter

bitcoin wrote:Martin,

How would I achieve a Mass Retweet All New Of (user) but with filter (Whitelist / Blacklist)? This way I can catch special announcements from certain accounts. And a blacklist never hurts :)
Unfortunately you cannot apply a filter to a Mass Retweet all action. So is not possible. I don't think twitterdub has global ignore / include filter options for the account (if it does would be on the account details form)

[quote
Or should I look at a different place (like the live streams - I still try to figure that one out - if you have a video with information about that, do link me please)?

Enjoy your day![/quote]

That should work as there is an ignore option, Not sure if there is a filter option there either tbh. As for the tutorials, should be listed on the playlists

All Twitterdub tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... nlEefs2Gan

search for stream or watch and should list them