Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
balkan

Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by balkan »

I've got a suggestion: can we have a toggle to prevent the bot from liking/retweeting, etc. "promoted" tweets?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

balkan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:49 pm I've got a suggestion: can we have a toggle to prevent the bot from liking/retweeting, etc. "promoted" tweets?
Next update will not include promoted content, I cannot think anyone wants to scrape it.

Can you confirm from what searches it is appearing in? Just so I make sure I block it from all
balkan

Post by balkan »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 12:38 pm
balkan wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:49 pm I've got a suggestion: can we have a toggle to prevent the bot from liking/retweeting, etc. "promoted" tweets?
Next update will not include promoted content, I cannot think anyone wants to scrape it.

Can you confirm from what searches it is appearing in? Just so I make sure I block it from all
Awesome!

As for the searches, what do you mean? It appears in all searches just depending on what you actually are searching for and if the ad is set to target you. So it's random and doesn't happen all the time of course. :?
balkan

Post by balkan »

A couple more suggestions:

1. Ability for program to save filters/tweets when exiting and restarting. It's unfortunate to have to type out everything/select toggles again if you need to close and re-open the program.
2. Ability for "Search term" to have support for multiple words/values entered. Tends to fail once multiple words or hashtags are entered.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

balkan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:42 pm

Awesome!

As for the searches, what do you mean? It appears in all searches just depending on what you actually are searching for and if the ad is set to target you. So it's random and doesn't happen all the time of course. :?
oh, ok. I can see some searches have a PROMOTED variable that can be turned on or off, but not all do, so I assume some searches to NOT have promoted results. But perhaps they do, in which case it has to be a filter options which tests each result. I'll need to look into it further.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

balkan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:10 pm A couple more suggestions:

1. Ability for program to save filters/tweets when exiting and restarting. It's unfortunate to have to type out everything/select toggles again if you need to close and re-open the program.
Filters should be exportable / importable.
2. Ability for "Search term" to have support for multiple words/values entered. Tends to fail once multiple words or hashtags are entered.
This is how twitter search works. The search is the same as if you enter on the website.

If you want multiple words, use TWITTER ADVANCED SEARCH functionality

Info on that:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=6985&p=42529&hilit ... rch#p42529

Regards,
Martin
balkan

Post by balkan »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:36 pm
balkan wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:42 pm

Awesome!

oh, ok. I can see some searches have a PROMOTED variable that can be turned on or off, but not all do, so I assume some searches to NOT have promoted results. But perhaps they do, in which case it has to be a filter options which tests each result. I'll need to look into it further.
Yay, you're the best man! Thank you. :D
balkan

Post by balkan »

Coming soon? :D
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

balkan wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:15 am

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

Sorry the recent updates will have pulled this change in.

But the PROMOTED FILTER is NOT done yet. Just the searches where it could be turned off via the SEARCH URL

which may / may not do what you want: depends on the search you were wanting to use
balkan

Post by balkan »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:35 pm
balkan wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:15 am

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

Sorry the recent updates will have pulled this change in.

But the PROMOTED FILTER is NOT done yet. Just the searches where it could be turned off via the SEARCH URL

which may / may not do what you want: depends on the search you were wanting to use
Okay, yeh I will wait for the filter update. :D Thanks man, love this tool!

Btw, is there a way to get a simple log of all of the original tweet links the bot has replied to? Like, I'm required to get the link of all of the original replied to tweets and post them. I need to get the link of the original tweet, not my reply to the tweet. So just like a simple txt file that has all of the links, nothing else.