omegasolutions

Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by omegasolutions »

martin@rootjazz wrote:
omegasolutions wrote:
martin@rootjazz wrote:it should scrape location already, the code is there
Yea, I found it as a filter :|

But, I didn't find it, where it belongs in the promo module :lol:
I thought you mean when on the SCRAPER tab, and select DETAILS, it saves out the location data? I think I have misunderstood what you want. Can you explain please

Criteria on the follow tab.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Lets start again.

1) Do you want to save the profile details INCLUDING LOCATION to a file from a list of profiles you have
2) filter on location?

I thought (1) but it sounds like you mean (2), but if you mean (2) then you can filter users on location already..
omegasolutions

Post by omegasolutions »

martin@rootjazz wrote:Lets start again.

1) Do you want to save the profile details INCLUDING LOCATION to a file from a list of profiles you have
2) filter on location?

I thought (1) but it sounds like you mean (2)

2, whatever thought process that follows the location in the promo module of instadub.

I want to follow/scrape locations. Such as everyone that Has Houston, TX, along with hash tag/profile criteria.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

omegasolutions wrote:
martin@rootjazz wrote:Lets start again.

2) filter on location?

I thought (1) but it sounds like you mean (2)

2, whatever thought process that follows the location in the promo module of instadub.

I want to follow/scrape locations. Such as everyone that Has Houston, TX, along with hash tag/profile criteria.
Are we talking about twitter or instadub?

IF you want to run a hashtag search, filtering on the location is going to be difficult, as 99% of users with that tag probably have not set their location value to what you specified. Unless your hashtag is likely to return people from that area (very localised hashtag)
omegasolutions

Post by omegasolutions »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Are we talking about twitter or instadub?

IF you want to run a hashtag search, filtering on the location is going to be difficult, as 99% of users with that tag probably have not set their location value to what you specified. Unless your hashtag is likely to return people from that area (very localised hashtag)
There must be something lost in translation :lol: I'm talking about Twitterdub and I don't want to use hashtags.

It's just easier to compare to Instadub, But, I'll use screenshots..

In Instadub you can follow based on their location aka scrape. But you're essentially following users who list a location on a picture..

I want to be able to do the same with TwitterDub, search/follow for users with the location that listed in their Profile

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ahhhhhhhh, ok, why didn't you say :)

It doesn't quite work the same, as twitter doesn't provide that functionality exactly. But it will let you search for tweets made within coordinates: latitude / longitude

there is a GEO custom search step

This works by you specifying a location
london,UK

the program connects to google maps to get the coords box of this place (more or less) then passes that to twitter for tweets
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

You can use this format:

address:searchterm:type

london uk:football:mixed
london uk:football:popular
london uk:football:recent

or just
london uk
omegasolutions

Post by omegasolutions »

martin@rootjazz wrote: there is a GEO custom search step
Is this search a tab already I'm overlooking in twitter dub?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

twitter dub
custom search
GEO SEARCH

I just checked, it is definitely there
faxnet

Post by faxnet »

Hi Martin,
I was talking about first scenario because I have a file of tweet ids, could be urls too but I dont think it will change something. I don't necessary need to spread them equally (if it is random, it will be almost equal anyway).
What I would like is just to select multiple accounts, and choose only one file and the actions will be created in the processor. It doesn't need to be one big action (like the shared feature), I just want to avoid doitn it one by one which takes some time and I cant use all my accounts because it is so annoying I just use 5-10 and then just wait lol
martin@rootjazz wrote:That is easier said than done - if what you mean is pull one page of results with acc1, page2 results with acc2.

But if you want to load in a text file of search terms to add multiple scrape actions, those can be distributed across accounts easily enough. If can confirm this is adequate would be a quick 2 minute update
faxnet wrote:Hi Martin,

In twitterDub can you please add the ability the scrape profiles from tweets using multiple accounts? I have dozens of accoutns but when I want to scrape users that interacted with some tweets, I first need to split the file in the number of accounts I want to use to scrap and then add actions one per account I have. This is taking me too much time and it will really help if in the account selector it was possible to choose multiple accounts and and "share" the scraping among those, just like it is done right now for the follow action for example.

screenshot of the fields I am talking about: http://imgur.com/ES8XfFh

Thanks