Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by bitcoin »

Maybe you could do a little trick? Not pretty, but it could work for desperate folk ;)

Google: delete tweets twitter api

As far as I can tell, you can also delete tweets...? So an Action to scan your own timeline and remove all tweets matching KW1 or even "KW1 KW2"...?

:msgreen:
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

you are requesting a "search for your tweets matching XYZ keywords and delete" feature?
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz wrote:you are requesting a "search for your tweets matching XYZ keywords and delete" feature?
Yeah I maybe sorta was... If your program can't do something on the front, maybe on the back-end it could work too? :) It was ugly, true.

Also very busy but I'll check in; I did not get email notif of any updates on the matter. Sorry :)
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

I was also thinking of an unfollow function based on KWs... I want to get rid of affiliate followback marketing author sheit :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote:I was also thinking of an unfollow function based on KWs... I want to get rid of affiliate followback marketing author sheit :)
scraper tab
scrape followings, with filter

then unfollow via list
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote:I was also thinking of an unfollow function based on KWs... I want to get rid of affiliate followback marketing author sheit :)
well you can already scrape your feed and filter

just need a delete tweet function to work with a list.

If you don't mind doing the scraping / filtering in a separate action, it is quicker and easier for me to just add a simple Delete Tweets from List option, rather than join it with a search module.

Quicker + easier for me means it has a chance of added it sooner rather than later. It is easier to find a spare 30 minutes, than a spare 2 hours...
Bri

Post by Bri »

martin@rootjazz wrote:you are requesting a "search for your tweets matching XYZ keywords and delete" feature?
I am yes, that is exactly what I want.
odysseus11

Post by odysseus11 »

DM autoresponder (unless this functionality exists and I am an idiot for not finding it):

just replicate the "watch for new followers" tab and instead of the watched for event be "new follower" have the watched for event be "incoming new DM".

same options on action take etc as the "watch for new followers".

would be great to have!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

well you can already download DMs, I suppose I could add an auto responder.

But it is easy to abuse, I am not sure how twitter handles you replying to all DMs with a standard reply, it would have to have some variation IMO.

Also, if you get lots of DMs that would be a lot of replies.

DMS are the most watching function by twitter IMO. It is the best avenue to spam, it is the best way to contact users directly and get noticed / get a response. It is also the easiest to abuse and annoy users and generate complaints...
odysseus11

Post by odysseus11 »

you dont need to reinvent the wheel.
just take the entire "watch for new followers" functionality and replicate that to "watch for incoming DMs".

Allow exactly the same reactions and options as the "watch for followers" tab (which include spintax and filterings and delays etc)

With this replicated, we could randomize all replies theres no way T could detect anything IMO