Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by martin@rootjazz »

If you want to have a "stream" of emails, the best way is to do a KW STREAM. This will get an instant notificaiton from twitter whenever a tweet is made with the specified keywords, you can tell the software to then scan for emails and save out.

As for the past, you would have to scrape the tweets first, filter, then run through the email scraper.

Doing it all automatically on a scroll down I don't really see the benefit of. IT is something you would just want once, and you can currently do it anyway, just in 2-3 stages which isn't that much for a do once activity (as opposed to a lot of work for me duplicating functionality which is going to generate 0 extra sales)
Boomax

Post by Boomax »

Can TwitterDub have scrape users by language like only scrape users with certain language bios eg Russian bios etc or any criteria that will determine the user scraped speaks russian or a certain language...
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

martin@rootjazz wrote:If you want to have a "stream" of emails, the best way is to do a KW STREAM. This will get an instant notificaiton from twitter whenever a tweet is made with the specified keywords, you can tell the software to then scan for emails and save out.

As for the past, you would have to scrape the tweets first, filter, then run through the email scraper.

Doing it all automatically on a scroll down I don't really see the benefit of. IT is something you would just want once, and you can currently do it anyway, just in 2-3 stages which isn't that much for a do once activity (as opposed to a lot of work for me duplicating functionality which is going to generate 0 extra sales)
I got you
That might sound lame but I don't have any idea how to do 'KW Stream' ... and how exactly to implement the second method - to apply this scraping and filtering thing - step by step - to what I want to do

I would be so much grateful if You'd help me with that and explain me what to do step by step.

Anyways, it's Christmas time now so I of course don't ask you to do anything rn - but if you would help me with that in the future I'd be greatly obligated.

Thank you very much for sharing your help and information! I've never met so great support with any software I ever worked before.
Merry X-mas and Happy Holidays!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Should be a tutorial explaining it all

All Twitterdub tutorials:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... nlEefs2Gan
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

Ok I watched yt tutorials and I made another topic where I ask about KW watch: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=4096&p=23073#p23073

And here I would like to ask how to do the second thing - to scrape emails from recent tweets (or rather tweets tweeted in past)

Im at the point where I go to custom search and search for recent tweets. My questions are:

1) how can I search for recent tweets which have the EXACT phrase consisting TWO WORDS one before another? like "xx yy" <- I need to find tweets which have the phrase XX space YY in that exact order, in the exact look. Two words. Not tweets with X, tweets with Y and tweets with both X and Y. Only tweets with "X <space> Y". For example TWEET: "Im looking for trailors. Send email to: xx@xx.com" <- bold red phrase is the one I look for.

2) When I scrapped them, how can I scrape emails from these tweets? I can't find 'scrape emails' funcionality. I tried just scrape tweets with "details" but it returns me Tweets' IDs, URLs, tweets themselves AND BIOs, while BIOs often include e-mails, and I don't want emails from BIO, I wan't emails from tweets ONLY! and that's very important. Because, if I send email to those from bio, I'd spam. If I send email to those addressess which were tweeted - its all good.

3) I don't know if we could do it using Twitterdub now, but if not - let it be a suggestion. The feature - bot searching through Bio's for Keywords. This bot: https://moz.com/followerwonk/pro has this funcionality. I think that would be awesome feature.

Do You have any idea how we can overcome it?
Thank you!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

1) I'll have to check

2) is there not SCRAPE EMAILs option, just load in your tweet urls, and it should scrape emails from any page. I just checked it is called scrape emails from profiles, but it should work with any URLs

3) scrape and use a filter to include / exclude
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

martin@rootjazz wrote:1) I'll have to check

2) is there not SCRAPE EMAILs option, just load in your tweet urls, and it should scrape emails from any page. I just checked it is called scrape emails from profiles, but it should work with any URLs

referring to 2) yeeah from any page, and as I mentioned, I need e-mails only from tweets not from bio's etc.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bartekef wrote:
martin@rootjazz wrote:1) I'll have to check

referring to 2) yeeah from any page, and as I mentioned, I need e-mails only from tweets not from bio's etc.
the bio is not on the tweet page, so it will work as you want
JasperJones

Post by JasperJones »

Hey Marin,

First of all thanks for your hard work with the software's you continue to improve. I was using other services for scheduling posts, follow and unfollow, DMs ect. I left them to come to Twitterdub thinking this is the end all, it does everything I need and more.

The thing I have an issue with is not being able to use many threads consistently. It seems I can't continually post every hour or two and use the watch followers for DM. The tabs on postings tweets are separated so if you are posting a video, soundcloud link, photos, etc there is no real way of scheduling an accurate campaign of posts (I can't see anyways).

My suggestion is to have a tab for tweeting that would include everything and be able to post on a time schedule. i.e. 9:05am, 10:35am, etc. May even separate from the process tab so if the software crashes it can continue you on where it left off.

I understand that I am one user making a big suggestion but this suggestion is a big one for me.

Thanks for your time.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I am a little confused at exactly what you are asking.

You are having trouble scheduling tweets of multiple types (images / videos / links etc)

Can you describe what you are trying to do.

Why can you not use the scheduler to setup your posting schedule?

Or is it you have a list of tweets, a list of images a list of links and you want to post from each list in sequence

tweet
video
link
tweet
video
link