Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Current tasks can be paused via the PAUSE button, but tbh it isn't that effective.

Waiting tasks can be paused by right click > PAUSE
rt2

Post by rt2 »

martin@rootjazz wrote:Current tasks can be paused via the PAUSE button, but tbh it isn't that effective.

I mean to pause a single process from the list of processes

I beleive the pause there pauses all process running

Thanks
mysteriouschip

Post by mysteriouschip »

I'm not sure if this is by design, but when I cancel a task, it keeps going for a while (until the subtask is finished), before it can be cancelled. Would it be possible to make it more immediate?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

rt2 wrote:
martin@rootjazz wrote:Current tasks can be paused via the PAUSE button, but tbh it isn't that effective.

I mean to pause a single process from the list of processes

I beleive the pause there pauses all process running

Thanks

you are thinking of the pause button, you can pause one action by
RIGHT CLICK > PAUSE

on a specific action
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

mysteriouschip wrote:I'm not sure if this is by design, but when I cancel a task, it keeps going for a while (until the subtask is finished), before it can be cancelled. Would it be possible to make it more immediate?
What action? Cancelling an action basically just sets flag "cancel when you can cancel nicely".

If it isn't cancelling quickly, probably I have forgot to get the action to check for the "should cancel" flag. So let me know the actions and I can improve that
frankadams

rollover tips for major icons - Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by frankadams »

in the process of learning the software, I want to know what the name of the function is.
1. when I roll my mouse over the icon, have it pop up what it does.
2. when I click on a function - put the name of the function at top of the screen - so I know where I am and condition the name.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

It should do (2) already, it does for me
Donners

Post by Donners »

Hi Martin, an idea for a function that would be really useful for me. I already follow quite a few people that I followed outside of Twitterdub and I'd like to unfollow the ones that don't follow me back. The slight nuance vs the current options are that where I don't tick the box that says "Only Unfollow if followed by bot", I'd want it to still look at the "Unfollow after X Days" option as well.

So the process would be:

Do they follow me? If yes, then skip.
If no, did I follow them through Twitterdub? If no, then unfollow.
If yes, has it been X days since I followed them? If yes, then unfollow. If no, then skip.

The third of those checks doesn't seem to be in place at the moment, so it's unfollowing people very soon after I follow them. I'd like to leave at least 5 days (I've selected that option), but it seems to ignore that if I don't tick the second box about only looking at people followed by the bot.

Thanks!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

The program will only know the days since followed if the bot followed the user. As it is <edit> twitterdub></edit>that stores this data - NOT Twitter.
If no, did I follow them through Twitterdub? If no, then unfollow.
If yes, has it been X days since I followed them? If yes, then unfollow. If no, then skip.
so what you want is, unfollow all if not from twitterdub, and if from twitterdubcheck time since if possible.

Will make a note to check how it all works.
Donners

Post by Donners »

Twitter in this case, but yes - unfollow everyone that isn't on my Whitelist or following me if I didn't follow them through TwitterDub. For everyone else, take into account the Number of Days since I followed them option and unfollow if more than that.