Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by martin@rootjazz »

sorry "sure" doesn't answer the question :)

does your account, that requires an email validation work with an existing API key it was authorised to?

As API authorising doesn't require passwords, just oauth tokens, it might still work.
shaner4042

Post by shaner4042 »

Hey,

I was wondering if it would be possible to add an option (or maybe it's already possible) to scrape user's profile URL's based on keywords or links in the user's bio/description. For example, if I am looking to target Twitter users who also have a YouTube or SoundCloud accounts, I could scrape profile URL's based on the keyword of 'Youtube.com' or 'Soundcloud.com' in the user's bio, as generally they would link their social accounts here.

Thus far I have been using the 'Watch for Tweets' feature, and scraping user's emails based on keywords in their tweets, however the problem with this is that oftentimes when they are tweeting something relating to SoundCloud or YouTube, its not their own content; they're just sharing something they like. I want to target the actual content creators, and I think being able to search their profile's bio/description for their social links would be the best way to do this. :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

There should be a USER SEARCH. Which will return results based on the USERNAME, but also *may* return based on bio (I don't know). If not, then no, it is not possible as that is not a search Twitter provides.

The only way would be to use a PROFILE FILTER: Include term.

But this could be VERY INTENSIVE. By that I mean, as you said you search for "youtube" you get 99% of accounts just posting a video. Just 1/100 would have their personal youtube in the bio. But you would still need to make 100 calls to twitter to get 1 result. So for 100 results, you need 10,000 calls to twitter. Which will trigger delays / waits due to limits
shaner4042

Post by shaner4042 »

Awesome, thanks for the tips! It's actually working very well if I do a Tweet Search > Author of Tweet and then search based on 'YouTube' keyword, only filtering in profiles with YouTube in the description, allowing partial match.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

That good then. Alot will depend on your initial search, if you are searching for good keywords where the results are likely to have a youtube link (musicians for example) compared to trying to search for a keyword where the results are unlikely to have a youtube
theone

Post by theone »

Is there any possibility of adding an option to force accounts to unfollow? It would be nice to clear out a bunch of inactive followers automatically.
shaner4042

Post by shaner4042 »

Hey,

Just wondering if in the scraper tab it would be possible to add some sort of feature like, "filter URL results", where we could link to a file path of previously scraped URL's, and filter those results further.

I understand that there is already a user filter option, but I find that many searches with filters are too exhaustive for any one account and end up exceeding the limitations before a significant amount of results are achieved. I was wondering if this could be avoided if we could use multiple accounts to carry out different steps of the search and filter process. For example, say I scrape the followers of an account -- I get 5000 saved URL's. Then I could switch the connection account and scrape that file path of URL's for users who were active within the last 30 days. And so on and so on. Hope you understand what I'm trying to get at.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Why can you not create an UNFOLLOW action?
Bri

Post by Bri »

Feature Request.
Search and Delete tweet.

I want to be able to search my own tweets. and delete a tweet, with containing words, from an input.

For instance, I am using roundteam to rt all my accounts. so i dont have to be at my bot 24/7.
------------------
Enjoy the freedom of being away from Twitter, while still sharing compelling content with your audience. Try
------------------
This is posted by roundteam ^^^ and i want to be able to search tweets, from selected account, and input some words from the roundteam tweet, so i can remove them.

PLEASE! :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

well you can already perform the search + filter to get the tweets. Then you just need a delete tweet module, shouldn't be too difficult to get added.

Remind me some time next week (wednesday+)