Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by martin@rootjazz »

SkullLife wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:29 pm A great feature to add would be: Under the Follow Tab - for Adv Pre-Actions - to add a button/check box to Auto Mute the account your going to follow.

The Follow feature it great and probably one of the most used in the bot, the issue is when you follow say 50,000 people, you now have your feed bogged done with a lot of clutter. I know Twitter people say why bother following them if you don't want their feed, but realistically it's so they follow you back. If we followed manually one ant a time we could just mute one at a time no big deal. But following 50,000 with a bot makes the manual muting one at a time task a bit too much to handle.

I'd like to automatically mute the mass list of people I'm going to follow/following and then go through and unmute whoever I want later.

Also it would be great to have a mass/bulk mute feature separately but not sure if that's possible. I was thinking it might be possible or easier during the initial following function like how we can like set Twitterdub to like or retweet on follow with Pre-Actions
I'll have to look into it
dgepergic

Post by dgepergic »

I'd need a feature for an account that I am willing to completely change the orientation of: A kind of "reset", meaning unretweeting and deleting every single tweet written on the profile. I see it's easy to create a lot of content through Twitterdub, but harder to delete it! Thanks for paying attention :D
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I believe there is a delete tweets function on the ACCOUNTS tab
elephantstripes

Post by elephantstripes »

Hey martin, love the bot and your hard work.

One idea I would love to have would be being able to automate tweeting to someone, and then replying to myself, possibly even a third time for when I make really long messages that exceed the character limit.

Thanks very much,
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

You can post multiple tweets using the %%% notation

this is your first reply %%% this would be 2nd reply to same message, this would be the %%%

Am not sure if is in the current version, but will definitely be in the update coming out soon
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

... or you just search for your own tweet and reply on it. It probably will give you duplicate replies though? the 2nd last time I did that all replies were unique; currently I'm spamming myself multiple times with another promo.
elephantstripes

Post by elephantstripes »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:49 pm You can post multiple tweets using the %%% notation

this is your first reply %%% this would be 2nd reply to same message, this would be the %%%

Am not sure if is in the current version, but will definitely be in the update coming out soon
Thanks Martin. Would these all appear as replies to the original tweet? Or would they each be replies to the previous reply in the list?
That is,

Case 1:
Original tweet
->Reply1
->Reply2
->Reply3

OR Case 2:
Original tweet
->Reply1
->Reply2
->Reply 3

Ideally, I would like to be able to do case 2. If not, I might try what bitcoin said.
Would there be an easy way to search through one of my own accounts tweets and find their latest reply? And then search this reply to see if it matches keywords (i.e. check if its message 1 or 2 or 3), and then do a certain reply depending.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

elephantstripes wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:58 am
martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:49 pm You can post multiple tweets using the %%% notation

Thanks Martin. Would these all appear as replies to the original tweet? Or would they each be replies to the previous reply in the list?
That is,

Case 1:
Original tweet
->Reply1
->Reply2
->Reply3

OR Case 2:
Original tweet
->Reply1
->->Reply2
->->->Reply 3

Ideally, I would like to be able to do case 2. If not, I might try what bitcoin said.

Currently, the %%% will reply to the original only.

so original
reply1,
reply 2
reply 3

so CASE 1

Would there be an easy way to search through one of my own accounts tweets and find their latest reply? And then search this reply to see if it matches keywords (i.e. check if its message 1 or 2 or 3), and then do a certain reply depending.
It would be possible to try and get the results from reply1 so the reply2 can be a reply to reply1 not the original. But I'd need to look into it. For not it isn't going to happen as I need to finish this update and get that out before looking at new features.
jblue

Post by jblue »

Hey martin is it possible to add browser enabled login when you click on the open profile url beside the user name would be handy instead of login to the account in the open browser when user agent and proxy sometimes changes
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

should be straight forward