Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
SkullLife
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:08 pm

Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by SkullLife » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:29 pm

Just a few of quick suggestions.

STATS Tab - One thing that would be really helpful is instead of "#Follow 24 Hours" "#Unfollow 24 Hours" we could choose the time frame or add a time frame column next to it. I've been wanting to work on a week long campaign and and it would be nice to see the running totals next to 24 hours. I've been having to write them down on paper everyday and add them up.

STATS Tab - it would be great if we could move the columns locations around in different positions. That's just aesthetics though.

All Tabs - One other aesthetic thing would that would be nice is that without the names listed above tabs you have to click on them to see what they actually are. A "Hover" over the tab to display the name would be awesome. I'm sure after using the software for a while people can pick up on the icons without the text but for newbies like me I have no idea what the different icons mean until i click on them.

Great Software BTW!


Thanks

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 16754
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by martin@rootjazz » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:41 am

SkullLife wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:29 pm
Just a few of quick suggestions.

STATS Tab - One thing that would be really helpful is instead of "#Follow 24 Hours" "#Unfollow 24 Hours" we could choose the time frame or add a time frame column next to it. I've been wanting to work on a week long campaign and and it would be nice to see the running totals next to 24 hours. I've been having to write them down on paper everyday and add them up.
Doesn't daily stats give you this data (if you have run a stats job every day for a week? then view the detailed stats view?

There is also right click > processed items... functions that allow you to export over specified time periods and may give you the option to specify. Although I cannot remember if it outputs as a file, so you nee to line count, or as a value

STATS Tab - it would be great if we could move the columns locations around in different positions. That's just aesthetics though.
Not possible I'm afraid
All Tabs - One other aesthetic thing would that would be nice is that without the names listed above tabs you have to click on them to see what they actually are. A "Hover" over the tab to display the name would be awesome. I'm sure after using the software for a while people can pick up on the icons without the text but for newbies like me I have no idea what the different icons mean until i click on them.
yes has been asked before, but as you elude to, people tend to pick up on it eventually, and a hover would need to delay 1-2 seconds before showing, and in that time you can click it anyway and see it quicker :)

SkullLife
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:08 pm

Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by SkullLife » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:04 am

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:41 am
SkullLife wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:29 pm
Just a few of quick suggestions.

STATS Tab - One thing that would be really helpful is instead of "#Follow 24 Hours" "#Unfollow 24 Hours" we could choose the time frame or add a time frame column next to it. I've been wanting to work on a week long campaign and and it would be nice to see the running totals next to 24 hours. I've been having to write them down on paper everyday and add them up.
Doesn't daily stats give you this data (if you have run a stats job every day for a week? then view the detailed stats view?

There is also right click > processed items... functions that allow you to export over specified time periods and may give you the option to specify. Although I cannot remember if it outputs as a file, so you nee to line count, or as a value
I wasn't aware of this. Thank you for pointing it out. I watched and continue to watch the videos over and and over again and comb through the forums but there's not a lot of info on some of the these functions. I love the program. I think you're doing a great job. It would be great though if some of the videos could be updated to included every feature or option on the different tabs. A written feature guide would also work. Really anything that has a line by line explanation on what every button does. There are just SOOO many options it hard to figure them out. Again Great work and I'm not complaining I'm just one of those people that would rather read the manual or watch the instructions instead of bothering someone for help all the time.

skeythay
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:35 am

Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by skeythay » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:41 am

Hello, good day.

I saw a software recently that allowed for the ability to create Twitter Moments and add other tweets to it. I think that would be a great addition to this already robust software.

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 16754
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by martin@rootjazz » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:53 pm

skeythay wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:41 am
Hello, good day.

I saw a software recently that allowed for the ability to create Twitter Moments and add other tweets to it. I think that would be a great addition to this already robust software.
I wasn't even aware moments existed :oops: I'll take a look into it

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 16754
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by martin@rootjazz » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:58 pm

SkullLife wrote:
Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:04 am
martin@rootjazz wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:41 am
SkullLife wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:29 pm
Just a few of quick suggestions.

STATS Tab - One thing that would be really helpful is instead of "#Follow 24 Hours" "#Unfollow 24 Hours" we could choose the time frame or add a time frame column next to it. I've been wanting to work on a week long campaign and and it would be nice to see the running totals next to 24 hours. I've been having to write them down on paper everyday and add them up.
Doesn't daily stats give you this data (if you have run a stats job every day for a week? then view the detailed stats view?

There is also right click > processed items... functions that allow you to export over specified time periods and may give you the option to specify. Although I cannot remember if it outputs as a file, so you nee to line count, or as a value
I wasn't aware of this. Thank you for pointing it out. I watched and continue to watch the videos over and and over again and comb through the forums but there's not a lot of info on some of the these functions.
Please do ask any and all questions you have. It is hard to know how to make the documentation. Go into too much detail and everyone ignores it. Go to abstract and everyone ignores it lol.

So I try to cover the basics, then wait for users to ask on the forum, then answer the questions users actually have. Otherwise I can spends weeks writing documentation on things people don't want to know about.

I know I should really go through every single option and write about it, but it takes weeks (I did it with tumblr / isg and SCM products - I still need to do it with twitter) and I still miss loads off, then the program is updated so often it gets out of date...

I love the program. I think you're doing a great job. It would be great though if some of the videos could be updated to included every feature or option on the different tabs
Again this takes a LONG time. But if you have specific requests, please ask. We have support@rootjazz now handling support, producing videos / images + documentation.

Also, the programs all use a lot of similar functionality and resuse a lot of same code, so options for ISG / TUM / SC / TW do cross over, so perhaps the docs of them will help until I write the TW documentation

https://rootjazz.com/instadub/documentation

https://soundcloudmanager.com/documentation

https://rootjazz.com/tumblingjazz/documentation


Although what usually happens users says "WHAT why does bot x have this feature and bot y doesn't I WANT IT" and makes more work for me lol :)

. A written feature guide would also work. Really anything that has a line by line explanation on what every button does. There are just SOOO many options it hard to figure them out. Again Great work and I'm not complaining I'm just one of those people that would rather read the manual or watch the instructions instead of bothering someone for help all the time.
I have bumped up the todo list "finish TW docs" and will get round to it sooner

Bri
Posts: 200
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:53 am

Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by Bri » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:01 pm

I love you Martin, keep up the amazing works x

SkullLife
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:08 pm

Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by SkullLife » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:29 pm

Between your continued dedicated updates and extremely interactive customer support, you've made Twitterdub the best program out there for this kind of thing. It's definitely worth the cost.

rsbmanish
Posts: 333
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:56 am

Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by rsbmanish » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:13 am

Martin I would love to help you with making tutorials for twitter dub. Let me know if u need help

SkullLife
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:08 pm

Re: Suggestions / feature requests / improvements

Post by SkullLife » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:53 pm

Is there any way that you can make it so it will allow the program to minimize system tray? That would be awesome!

Post Reply