UI Bug - Accounts dissapear until Restart

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Hart

UI Bug - Accounts dissapear until Restart

Post by Hart »

Hello, just uploaded my log ID: 34962. I'm on Win 11 & can post my system info dump too if that helps.

A couple of people I know who use Twitter dub also have the same issue (also on win 11), sometimes the accounts disappear from the UI after resizing. They don't come back until you restart, which is annoying. It happens fairly frequently too, making it impossible to add new actions.

There appears to be a way to get the accounts visible again, but I don't know how to recreate it. And if they become visible again you are unable to click on the tick marks to select individual accounts anymore.

Thank you in advance Martin, I appreciate all the work you do on here.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: UI Bug - Accounts dissapear until Restart

Post by martin@rootjazz »

can you try the menu item

TOOLS > RELOAD ACCOUNTS

Check TASK MANAGER as well, how are the resources looking?
Hart

Post by Hart »

Reloading does not solve the issue, but if I resize the window again in a specific way, it makes the accounts re-appear. But then I am unable to select individual accounts as the check boxes become un-clickable.

Not 100% sure this is the cause, but it seems to be caused by visiting the various program tabs. I am able to reproduce it by rapidly switching between action tabs (like, retweet, scrape, etc..), but it does happen with normal use AKA no rapid switching.

Under a 10 thread load CPU usage is around ~0.5%-5% (i9-9900k) and like 100mb of ram.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Hart wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:02 pm Reloading does not solve the issue, but if I resize the window again in a specific way, it makes the accounts re-appear. But then I am unable to select individual accounts as the check boxes become un-clickable.

Not 100% sure this is the cause, but it seems to be caused by visiting the various program tabs. I am able to reproduce it by rapidly switching between action tabs (like, retweet, scrape, etc..), but it does happen with normal use AKA no rapid switching.
ok so it sounds like the accounts aren't lost per se, that it's a UI update failing and the controller that should be setting the accounts list gets out of sync.

Maybe don't switch tabs too fast :-p

But I'll take a look and see what can be done to avoid it happening
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok added some code to ensure the controls have completed their work before loading / removing from view that "may" be the cause of this

The next update will include this feature. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
Emin

Post by Emin »

now it's even worse :( :( :(
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Emin wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 5:44 pm now it's even worse :( :( :(
oh ffs. Sorry. Don't see how that could be possible from the update. errr let me try again
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok have tried some other things, I cannot cause the issue from clicking fast on the menu icons. I will let you know when the build is ready

Regards,
Martin
Emin

Post by Emin »

and thanks again in advance )))