Re: Duplicate DM Actions

Post by martin@rootjazz »

<edit>
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Alexiom wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:53 pm

Hi Martin, this is done, Database ID: database_backup_3.4.1.664_2023-05-30.56180432_
cheers, looking. Hopefully can get the previous databack. I may also need you to send the backups folder, as it won't be included in the database upload as it would be too large. But I'll let you know
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

%appdata%\rootjazz\twitterdub\database\backup

actually, just zip it up and upload it somewhere and email me the link:

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
more likely than not I will need it, so if can do it now, when I need it I will have it and it will save some time hopefully
Alexiom

Post by Alexiom »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:02 pm
Alexiom wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:53 pm

Hi Martin, this is done, Database ID: database_backup_3.4.1.664_2023-05-30.56180432_
cheers, looking. Hopefully can get the previous databack. I may also need you to send the backups folder, as it won't be included in the database upload as it would be too large. But I'll let you know
Do the individual logs for each account's DM's also get updated with processed DM items even when global logs are assigned? If so, does simply running Convert Shared to Global" basically give me a fresh and complete global log? And also, does "Convert Shared to Global" merge in existing global log files assigned to the accounts? The individual account DM log files seem to steadily grow without a problem so wondering if all previous messages can be easily recovered from there?

If not... On the DB I sent you I'm not worried about the small number of duplicates as I've only run a few short test passes, and haven't scaled it up yet, will wait hopefully for a resolution on keeping logs intact moving forward. But thank you.
Alexiom

Post by Alexiom »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:42 pm
Alexiom wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 12:12 pm One more update for now. To check if I had some kind of corrupted installation or data I tested this on another instance of TwitterDub I have that runs only about 70 accounts in a different niche. Exactly the same issue when I ran DM's across all accounts in parallel, existing global logs were shrunk/deleted during the process.
No, it definitely sounds like a bug. let me check the new logs.

But if you can confirm the actions.

5 processing threads
5 DM actions.
How many accounts in the action? Can you explain what they were doing exactly, so I can try and recreate. If it happens all the time within 5 minutes I should be able to recreate fairly easily... I hope
5 accounts are enough to trigger on both machines/instances I'm using.

Share Across Accounts is not selected, resulting in 5 processor threads. The process will work fine sharing 5 accts in a single thread if another DM thread isn't running (have been running single treaded for 24 hrs with no issues). I haven't tested "Share Across Accounts" but with more than 1 thread configured on the DM Tab.... might be worth a try.

Configuration:

Share Across Accounts and Unique items checked. Custom search: list members --> followers (return 5). Random Pause 30-120. No repeat, 1 thread, 5 max actions, 1 profile per DM. User filter applied including "Can DM". Approx 30 messages in spintax format added in single comment mode.

Select 5+ accounts and click "Direct Messages", 5+ processor threads are created.

I've been copying the old global log files found when I select "view global logs" on any account from the DM action tab. They normally start getting deleted once the scraping is complete and DM's are sending.

Hope this helps
Alexiom

Post by Alexiom »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:03 pm %appdata%\rootjazz\twitterdub\database\backup

actually, just zip it up and upload it somewhere and email me the link:

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
more likely than not I will need it, so if can do it now, when I need it I will have it and it will save some time hopefully
Zipped the whole backup folder and sent you a google drive link to your email (same subject line as this thread)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

OP says this version appears to be working better with the issue of losing the global log and having it reset

TOOLS > REBUILD GLOBAL LOGS FROM BACKUPS will help check to get the lost items back

TOOLS > SHARED PROCESSED TO GLOBAL REMOVE EXISTING LOGS NAMES
will clean up shared logs, making sure you don't have duplicate lists for efficiency gains

Regards,
Martin
Alexiom

Post by Alexiom »

Confirmed, logs are remaining intact and duplicate actions are being detected and skipped.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

:-D