Retweet all tweets from primary account across many secondary accounts

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Alexiom

Retweet all tweets from primary account across many secondary accounts

Post by Alexiom »

Hi team, have been using your software, watching tutorials, and searching the forums for a few days, but unfortunately still stuck on one scenario.

I'm trying to configure as simply as possible, to have many secondary accounts retweeting everything a primary account tweets, ideally in the same chronological order.

I'm a little bit stuck as to how to best configure this, I've tried it in both the retweet and the mass retweet module and it works fine on a case-by-case basis if I just manually pull the URL of the tweet and push it to all child accounts in either module.

But ideally, I want a scheduled/repeating job that checks for anything new on the primary account and then retweets all new tweets across all secondary accounts. In batches is fine.

So far I gather that "monitor profile" is probably not appropriate as it only takes the single most recent tweet since it last ran. I'm also unsure how "retweet all new of" works because I'm not sure what constitutes "new"? Next, on mass retweets, if I simply add a profile URL and then use "Mass retweets" button, in what order are the tweets selected? And when the tool selects a tweet, does it get retweeted on all selected accounts before moving on to the next tweet? Or some other order?

If I've missed another thread or tutorial video that explains this please share it. The only issue I had with the tutorials I watched was that there weren't any examples using a lot of accounts to retweet and how that affects setup.

Great tool and your guidance is much appreciated!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Retweet all tweets from primary account across many secondary accounts

Post by martin@rootjazz »

But ideally, I want a scheduled/repeating job that checks for anything new on the primary account and then retweets all new tweets across all secondary accounts. In batches is fine.
For this you want MASS RETWEETS with profile monitor. That will check for NEW tweets and have all accounts retweet them.

So far I gather that "monitor profile" is probably not appropriate as it only takes the single most recent tweet since it last ran
ok so yes, if you posted 10 posts in 10 seconds, and only check every hour, then some will be missed.

Are you posting the tweets from the MAIN ACCOUNT with twitterdub or separately? If TD is doing the tweeting, then it can automatically create new MASS ACTIONS after each tweet. If you will be posting outside of TD, then this won't work

I'm also unsure how "retweet all new of"
lol, me too :-(

Alexiom wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:45 pmNext, on mass retweets, if I simply add a profile URL and then use "Mass retweets" button, in what order are the tweets selected? And when the tool selects a tweet, does it get retweeted on all selected accounts before moving on to the next tweet? Or some other order?
Mass Retweets will only action one item per action, so if you specify a profile, it's the latest tweet only.

For what you want, I don't think is possible. Let me check RETWEET ALL NEW OF, it sounds like it "might" do what you want, but it's an old feature and I don't remember.

But either way, what you are asking to do makes sense, I can see reasoning for it, however, it needs be handled carefully, what should the program do if you've posted 100 tweets since last check? Should they all be pulled? What if it's 200, 500, 1000?

Let me have a think how it could be handled safely. But as of right now, you will tell the program to mass retweet manually if you're posting a lot and the profile monitor option isn't finding new tweets quick enough. But if you set it to repeat every minute, it should catch 99% of new tweets I'd imagine...
Alexiom

Post by Alexiom »

Hey thank you very much for the fast and detailed reply, that cleared up a lot of questions.

I'm currently scheduling posts to the main account elsewhere, but as I get more comfortable with your tool, I would like all scheduling done there, so your suggestion to trigger mass actions from each tweet on the primary account as they are tweeted is probably the most robust solution.

Regarding profile monitor, I keep tweets on main profile spread out at least an hour, so it sounds like that could work very well too as an interim. As long as I don't spam the main account. I was hesitant to run it on a very rapid cycle, but hourly should be fine.

And finally, talking about the dream feature list, eg if I apply secondary accounts to an aged main and want them to retweet from some time in the past. It would be great to be able to configure how far back in tweet history to start as a date or a number of tweets, or even a specific tweet URL (any would do). Agreed it needs a limiter, perhaps max actions to define how many tweets from that point are picked up in each repetition (but I believe max actions is used differently right, for total actions in the batch, so tweets x accounts). Either way, pull batches of tweets from oldest to newest each repetition and retweet on all selected secondary accounts.

Kind regards

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:59 pm
For this you want MASS RETWEETS with profile monitor. That will check for NEW tweets and have all accounts retweet them.

So far I gather that "monitor profile" is probably not appropriate as it only takes the single most recent tweet since it last ran
ok so yes, if you posted 10 posts in 10 seconds, and only check every hour, then some will be missed.

Are you posting the tweets from the MAIN ACCOUNT with twitterdub or separately? If TD is doing the tweeting, then it can automatically create new MASS ACTIONS after each tweet. If you will be posting outside of TD, then this won't work

I'm also unsure how "retweet all new of"
lol, me too :-(

Alexiom wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:45 pmNext, on mass retweets, if I simply add a profile URL and then use "Mass retweets" button, in what order are the tweets selected? And when the tool selects a tweet, does it get retweeted on all selected accounts before moving on to the next tweet? Or some other order?
Mass Retweets will only action one item per action, so if you specify a profile, it's the latest tweet only.

For what you want, I don't think is possible. Let me check RETWEET ALL NEW OF, it sounds like it "might" do what you want, but it's an old feature and I don't remember.

But either way, what you are asking to do makes sense, I can see reasoning for it, however, it needs be handled carefully, what should the program do if you've posted 100 tweets since last check? Should they all be pulled? What if it's 200, 500, 1000?

Let me have a think how it could be handled safely. But as of right now, you will tell the program to mass retweet manually if you're posting a lot and the profile monitor option isn't finding new tweets quick enough. But if you set it to repeat every minute, it should catch 99% of new tweets I'd imagine...
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Alexiom wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:33 pm
And finally, talking about the dream feature list, eg if I apply secondary accounts to an aged main and want them to retweet from some time in the past. It would be great to be able to configure how far back in tweet history to start as a date or a number of tweets, or even a specific tweet URL (any would do). Agreed it needs a limiter, perhaps max actions to define how many tweets from that point are picked up in each repetition (but I believe max actions is used differently right, for total actions in the batch, so tweets x accounts). Either way, pull batches of tweets from oldest to newest each repetition and retweet on all selected secondary accounts.

Kind regards
Questions would be.

1)
Would the program just check historical tweets until it finds one unprocessed, then process that.
tweet_1 already processed
tweet_2 already processed
tweet_3 already processed
tweet_4 not processed - process now...

then could limit it by only check back (n) hours, or (m) posts back.

2)
Or would you want the program to grab multiple tweets in one go (from the last (n) hours or (m) days) and process all those at the same time.

(1) would be easier (and quicker) for me to add support for. As MASS ACTIONS are designed to work with one tweet at a time, but it could just scroll back through historical tweets to find an unprocessed item.

Or for (1) would you want to process the oldest items first? And there are probably other issues I've not through of, things just start get more complex the more you think about them...
Alexiom

Post by Alexiom »

Ah very nice. One at a time would surely be fine, can just use the repeater to catch up on an aged account quickly, and then slow it down for BAU posting.

Skipping already processed tweets and moving to the next is probably the key piece of functionality.

My preference is to be able to go from oldest --> newest starting from a date or tweet I define. But I'd survive without it if it's much simpler to go newest --> oldest.

Kind regards
martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 10:17 pm
Alexiom wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 10:33 pm

Kind regards
Questions would be.

1)
Would the program just check historical tweets until it finds one unprocessed, then process that.
tweet_1 already processed
tweet_2 already processed
tweet_3 already processed
tweet_4 not processed - process now...

then could limit it by only check back (n) hours, or (m) posts back.

2)
Or would you want the program to grab multiple tweets in one go (from the last (n) hours or (m) days) and process all those at the same time.

(1) would be easier (and quicker) for me to add support for. As MASS ACTIONS are designed to work with one tweet at a time, but it could just scroll back through historical tweets to find an unprocessed item.

Or for (1) would you want to process the oldest items first? And there are probably other issues I've not through of, things just start get more complex the more you think about them...
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

custom replies on keword
get historical tweets uptodate (n) days

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html