How to remove proxy after login

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Takoshi

How to remove proxy after login

Post by Takoshi »

Is it possible to remove an accounts proxy connection and revert to its normal non proxy connection upon login?
The main reason I am asking this is because a proxy is only needed when doing certain actions like logging in. So it is more efficient to rotate a proxy after logging in and using the fresh ip on another account, than running all actions through a proxy.
Any info would be appreciated.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: How to remove proxy after login

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I would not recommend using proxy only for login, then reverting all your accounts to local IP.

But if you want to, double click account and remove the proxy from the field.
Or, you can do it via the ACCOUNTS LIST, check / select accounts then use the PROXY LINK below the accounts list to remove proxies

again, do not do this, it is not a good idea
Takoshi

Post by Takoshi »

Thanks Martin. I know there are a few people doing this in order to get the most out of their proxies, as it would be much cheaper. Why do you not recommend this?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Takoshi wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:07 pm Thanks Martin. I know there are a few people doing this in order to get the most out of their proxies, as it would be much cheaper. Why do you not recommend this?
because twitter will see you accessing the service from multiple accounts from the same IP. If you do this for 2-3 accounts, ok fine, but 10, 20, 100... They will know you are botting and block / ban the accounts eventually.

In 2023, doing things cheaply is not recommended, 1 proxy per account is best. Everything less than that, is sliding scale

But if it works for you, then fine, go for it.

Goto the ACCOUNTS tab

1) CHECK the accounts you want to update

2)Under the accounts list control, you will see a link
ACCOUNTS PROXIES > REMOVE PROXIES

So you can log your accounts in via VERIFY LOGIN (accounts tab)

Then on success, clear proxies.

Regards,
Martin