Adding Tweets to Existing Task

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
papamax

Adding Tweets to Existing Task

Post by papamax »

I have a few scenarios I would like to clarify.

1- Imagine I have a tweet task that was created for a single account, where I loaded 50 tweets to be posted 2x a day and have selected Random Order as well as Unique Uploads only.
a) Will it stop after all 50 tweets have been posted or it will loop through them again?

b)Is there anyway to add more tweets to that list? For example, i don't want to be thinking about when those 50 will run out and just want to add more to that list of tweets to be posted while at the same time making sure they are not repeating already posted tweets.
b.1) alternatively, is there a way to know which tweets from said list were already posted or which ones are unposted? So if I want to create a new tweet task I can just collect unposted tweets and add to the new list.... OR
b.2) anyway to create a NEW tweet task with new tweets and set it to start ONLY after the current task is completed?

2- Imagine I create a task where I have 2000 tweets loaded up to the share across 20 accounts, RANDOM order is selected and so is UNIQUE UPLOADS only...
a) Will it stop after a total of 2000 tweets posted regardless of which accounts received each of the tweets?
OR
b) Will it stop after all 2000 have been posted on all 20 accounts?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Adding Tweets to Existing Task

Post by martin@rootjazz »

papamax wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:47 pm I have a few scenarios I would like to clarify.

1- Imagine I have a tweet task that was created for a single account, where I loaded 50 tweets to be posted 2x a day and have selected Random Order as well as Unique Uploads only.
a) Will it stop after all 50 tweets have been posted or it will loop through them again?
yes it should stop, as no more images can be posted as all been posted before
b)Is there anyway to add more tweets to that list? For example, i don't want to be thinking about when those 50 will run out and just want to add more to that list of tweets to be posted while at the same time making sure they are not repeating already posted tweets.
create a new action
b.1) alternatively, is there a way to know which tweets from said list were already posted or which ones are unposted? So if I want to create a new tweet task I can just collect unposted tweets and add to the new list.... OR
no
b.2) anyway to create a NEW tweet task with new tweets and set it to start ONLY after the current task is completed?
no, not automatically. Good suggestion though.

2- Imagine I create a task where I have 2000 tweets loaded up to the share across 20 accounts, RANDOM order is selected and so is UNIQUE UPLOADS only...
a) Will it stop after a total of 2000 tweets posted regardless of which accounts received each of the tweets?
once the 2000 posted it stops. Doesn't matter which accounts posted them. The 2000 images are shared over the selected accounts

Regards,
Martin
papamax

Post by papamax »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:27 pm

Regards,
Martin
ALL CLEAR! Thanks... That would indeed be a great addition... it is for the sake of not having to wait for a certain project to complete before having others in the pipeline.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

papamax wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:08 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:27 pm

Regards,
Martin
ALL CLEAR! Thanks... That would indeed be a great addition... it is for the sake of not having to wait for a certain project to complete before having others in the pipeline.
The suggestion has been noted and added to the feature suggestions list. Depending on the demand for the change / feature will alter how quickly it gets implemented.

As others have asked for the option to prioritise their feature, I'm just letting you know (it's by no means compulsory) if the feature is very important to you, we do offer the chance to sponsor the feature to get it developed ASAP. If interested write in with your budget (it's simple, the more you pay bigger the priority will be :-) for further discussion: support[at]rootjazz[dot]com