Is there a way to create 2 "LIKE" actions to run at the same time?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Vinnicino

Is there a way to create 2 "LIKE" actions to run at the same time?

Post by Vinnicino »

Greetings,

I have two accounts that all I want them to do is LIKE on a select group of users (10) every 30 minutes, but I want each account to have their own select group of users to Like.

I would imagine I would need 2 actions for this right? Or can this be done with 1 action?

So something like below:

Create 1 LIKE action with one account listing the names and run the processing job and then go back and create another LIKE action with the other account listing the names and running the processing job?

i would then need to use the following parameters:

Max Actions: 2
Random Pause: 60 | 60 (this way after it likes the first user it goes straight to the next user a minute later)
Repeat #times: 144 (if I understand this correctly, this means it will be consistently repeating every 10 minutes for an entire day with 1440 minutes in a day divided by 10 minutes that i'm giving it returns144)
Time Period: 1 day

Does this seem right or am I going about this the wrong way?

Thanks!
its2l82die

Re: Is there a way to create 2 "LIKE" actions to run at the same time?

Post by its2l82die »

To do this you would need a txt file with the users IDs (10 you mentioned) one per line, split them to 2 txts if you need them split between your 2 liker accounts, and in the like tab put the txt file path in the search term area, then choose custom search, then A User Id or Url then LatestTweetOf or Pinned tweets or RecentTweetsOf or any of User tweets, whichever suits you and the rest of the settings fill them as per your liking, keep in mind though that the TwitterDub does the accounts(to be liked) all in sequential order, but you can randomize them by adding ",rand" after the file path. so eg. "C:/folder/users.txt,rand" (use without quotations) that will randomize the order of the accounts to be liked
Vinnicino

Post by Vinnicino »

Cool - thanks for helping!

So I get the 2 text files (one per account) and I get the custom search based on my liking.

But I suppose what I'm asking is how do I create them to run at the same time?

Do I do 1 text file for one account and process that job and then come back to the LIKE section and add the second file and and select the next account and process that one?

Thanks!

- V
its2l82die

Post by its2l82die »

Yup 1 liking action per account and 1 txt file per account, after you press the Like button, the action is moved to the processing tab, so just create the 2nd account's process with it's settings and press Like too and it will appear in the processing tab too, you can then see both of the processes and they can run simultaneously, just make sure in the processing tab you have threads set to more than 1 in your case you need 2 threads to run both action at the same time
Vinnicino

Post by Vinnicino »

RE: Yup 1 liking action per account and 1 txt file per account

Excellent! I was hoping it would be this way but I wasn't sure that after I clicked on the processing job, if I were to make any changes to the action it would interfere with the first LIKE action.

But what you are saying is after I do one like action, i can pretty much delete everything and start from scratch and then click on processing after loading the new like action with the second account.

Is there such a way to "save" actions so I can load/preload with the existing configurations?

Thanks!

- V
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

To run multiple actions at the same time, increase the number of threads (one action runs in one thread)

then make sure you have disabled the one action per account protection on SETTINGS tab

and don't forget to click SAVE to save the change
Vinnicino

Post by Vinnicino »

Cool thx, haven't had a chance to test it out but I will later tonight!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Vinnicino wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:51 pm Cool thx, haven't had a chance to test it out but I will later tonight!
Let me know if have any more questions

Regards,
Martin