Twitter quietly deleting assigned account emails

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
its2l82die

Twitter quietly deleting assigned account emails

Post by its2l82die »

Has anyone ever experienced such a thing with their twitter accounts? been 5 of my accounts today have their emails missing, trying to add an email again (same one that is registered prior on the account shows that its been used before) works fine with a new email and it gets added to the account, but that is really weird.

Anyone with similar issue?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Twitter quietly deleting assigned account emails

Post by martin@rootjazz »

No one reported this.

Do you mean the normal EMAIL value in the ACCOUNT DETAILS form?
Or POP EMAIL settings?

If it happened 5 times just today, what actions were running?

Perhaps the accounts were asked to EMAIL VERIFY and something happened with using POP DETAILS which overwrote email property? (Just a wild guess at how it could be possible. If there was a bug, it makes sense it happens when email is being used to verify / update...)
its2l82die

Post by its2l82die »

Just in normal account details, the email wasn't deleted in TwitterDub, it but specifically in the Twitter account itself, i noticed this after seeing email verified checkmark has disappeared in TwitterDub, that's unnerving cause I've ever had accounts locked due to no email and suddenly Twitter asking for password, thus leaving the only option of contacting support for account restoration
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

oh!

Had you run any UPDATE ACCOUNT actions?

That would be the only way that could happen from TD. Obviously it shouldn't do it, but if it was to happen it would be there.
its2l82die

Post by its2l82die »

Nope I haven't run any UPDATE ACCOUNT processes on any of those, I did run UPDATE ACCOUNT on other accounts though in around the same time period. weird ain't it? all my accounts use outlook or hotmail emails, not sure if it is related, I thought I should mention it anyway.

today one more lost its email.

It ain't really a hassle to assign another, but I sure am glad TwitterDub shows Email Verified check mark, makes it a lot easier to keep track of such issues.

I somewhat feel its on Twitter's side though not TwitterDub.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

its2l82die wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:34 pm
today one more lost its email.
Submits logs

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the numbers are sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

IF twitterdub did, then it should be logged.
It ain't really a hassle to assign another, but I sure am glad TwitterDub shows Email Verified check mark, makes it a lot easier to keep track of such issues.
Thank the customer that hassled me to add it lol :-)
I somewhat feel its on Twitter's side though not TwitterDub.
IT could be twitter removing it and forcing you to reverify. Equally it could be a twitterdub bug. Send me the logs and I will look to see if TD is to blame.
its2l82die

Post by its2l82die »

Ok so I uploaded the logs took quite some time, hope its not much of a clutter, btw wanted to know is there anything in the logs that can be safely removed as the folder gets quite big, about 5gb now.

very funny thing just happened, there were 3 accs with emails removed, and now that I checked there are 2, wish I made a record of which 3 of the accounts they were, could it really be Twitter side's shenanigans? I am truly puzzled, was planning on adding emails to them today, but it seems one of the accounts restored its email on its own. it has to be Twitter then right?
its2l82die

Post by its2l82die »

The issue is super weird, the 2 accounts became 4, and now they are back at 3 again... Twitter has some really funny things going on there, not sure if I should leave these accounts as is or just change their mails. anyway I am fairly positive its not a TwitterDub issue by the looks of it.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

its2l82die wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 2:35 pm Ok so I uploaded the logs took quite some time, hope its not much of a clutter, btw wanted to know is there anything in the logs that can be safely removed as the folder gets quite big, about 5gb now.
Logs ID?

5gb is huge!
very funny thing just happened, there were 3 accs with emails removed, and now that I checked there are 2, wish I made a record of which 3 of the accounts they were, could it really be Twitter side's shenanigans? I am truly puzzled, was planning on adding emails to them today, but it seems one of the accounts restored its email on its own. it has to be Twitter then right?
Very weird. If TD had a bug that caused TD to wipe the email, it would be very strange it TD then put the same EMAIL back. It would be
a) bug to remove
b) bug to add

After email was re-added was it verified?

I can only think, if it is TD, that you are hitting EMAIL VERIFICATION challenge and the program is (for some unknown reason) removing email and trying to re-add. Sometimes the re-add works and you see the email come back, and sometimes it fails and you see the email gone. That is only possible flow I can think of that would explain it.

On the flip side, it's very strange if it is twitter removing / re-adding email as well. That also makes little sense and would be effecting many people.

Next time if it happens, please record the the username it happened to / email affected. If your logs are 5gb, I will be honest, I have no chance of just figuring it out. As there will be millions of lines and I assume 1000s of accounts. Would take days of going through line by line and still, after that unlikely I will just happen on a line that says "REMOVING EMAIL BECAUSE...."
its2l82die

Post by its2l82die »

Adding any email to twitter requires the verification code of said email. I did not add POP on that email so it should not have access to the verification code, hence no way it re-adds and verifies itself(forgot to mention yes the email appeared as verified), so it has to be Twitter.

Log IDs, I have included them in a support ticket, the log ID includes my registration email, not feeling comfortable sharing it in a forum post.

it is actually just 100 accounts, the log file itself appears to be 70mb, but the whole folder of logs is 5gb. I have the usernames that it happened to, all 3 of them I could DM you them if you'd like.

Seen you restored the comment in advanced pre-actions in todays update, thank you, was wondering why it didn't work, had to setup actions for reply and like separately, that fixes it. ;)