Accs disappearing in twitterdub!

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
metaxanax

Accs disappearing in twitterdub!

Post by metaxanax »

Hello,
I have a problem with twitterdub, everytime i add new accounts they suddenly disappear and the processes get stuck. I need to close the app and open it back up in order for the accounts to show up again. anyone else facing this problem ? not sure if this is a known issue or what

Thanks
its2l82die

Re: Accs disappearing in twitterdub!

Post by its2l82die »

I get a similar issue sometimes if the PC abruptly restarts due to power outage, the next time I load TwitterDub I often lose a single account, could it be data corruption or something like that?
jackjohnson

Post by jackjohnson »

I don't understand exactly the format that I need to use for SPIN TEXT io games
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

its2l82die wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:28 pm I get a similar issue sometimes if the PC abruptly restarts due to power outage, the next time I load TwitterDub I often lose a single account, could it be data corruption or something like that?
yes, it could help if the database was writing data when you get a power outage, the file is corrupted.

But everything is backed up automatically going back days / weeks. So we can help you get the data back.

You can look in
%appdata%\rootjazz\Twitterdub\database\backup\accounts\

Find the most recent backup. *ACCOUNT_BACKUPS*

two options, send it to me and the username lost and I will send you the file you need.

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
OR do it yourself - quicker

Open a new instance:
For some info on custom new db instances, check the thread
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9348
Call the new instance: instance1
Close the NEW instance after it opens (leaving open your main instance)

goto
%appdata%\rootjazz\

find the NEW twitterdub instance, if you called it "instance1" it would be

%appdata%\rootjazz\twitterdubinstance1

%appdata%\rootjazz\twitterdubinstance1\database\dbaccount\

Unzip the files from the most recent backup you found earlier (*ACCOUNT_BACKUPS*)

Now reopen the new instance (goto your main instance, FILE > NEW > enter: instance1

When the new instance opens, your backed up accounts should load, if the missing account is there, delete all the OTHER accounts, leaving just the account we were trying to find

Close both instances (new and main)

goto
%appdata%\rootjazz\twitterdubinstance1\database\dbaccount\

and you should see one file, that is your missing account, copy it over to
%appdata%\rootjazz\twitterdub\database\dbaccount\

Now open your main instance and the account is now there :-)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

jackjohnson wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:41 am I don't understand exactly the format that I need to use for SPIN TEXT io games
I think you are a bot. Reverify please
its2l82die

Post by its2l82die »

Who would have thought a bot in a bot forum? :lol: :D

Thank you for the solution above about the account backups and restoration, before that I resorted to just exporting my accounts and actions and reimporting the missing ones when corruption occurred, it was especially a pain when I had grouped actions and a single account corrupts, making it an effort to figure out which action it belonged to.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

its2l82die wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:39 am Who would have thought a bot in a bot forum? :lol: :D
yeah I cannot get too angry at them :lol
Thank you for the solution above about the account backups and restoration, before that I resorted to just exporting my accounts and actions and reimporting the missing ones when corruption occurred, it was especially a pain when I had grouped actions and a single account corrupts, making it an effort to figure out which action it belonged to.
Just a warning, IMPORTING will not assign the same database_id, so any already_processed_logs will NOT be mapped.

Importing will create a BRAND NEW ACCOUNT, with a clean database profile. So you can reprocess the same items.

My above method will set the same old database_ids, so it will be as if the account never disappeared
its2l82die

Post by its2l82die »

Gotcha, thank you for the advice will do it with the backup way from now on.