How to post a youtube video without the thumbnail on Twitterdub

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
scottgrey321

How to post a youtube video without the thumbnail on Twitterdub

Post by scottgrey321 »

Hello, Good day Mr Martins. I noticed whenever I try to post a tweet with a Youtube link, it posts the tweet with the video thumbnail by default. How can i set up Twitterdub in a way that it doesn't post link with the thumbnail?

Example tweet: This is a youtube video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=deskt ... feature=yo (Displays Thumbnail)
scottgrey321

Re: How to post a youtube video without the thumbnail on Twitterdub

Post by scottgrey321 »

This is a typical instance, you can see the youtube link displays a thumbnail at the bottom that only goes off when you tap on the X sign at the top left.

How can get twitterdub to do this for me so my tweet doesn't show up with a thumbnail
scottgrey321

Post by scottgrey321 »

Image below.

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

It's twitter doing that as far as I know.

How do you do it in the web browser on twitter.com manually to post a youtube link WITHOUT twitter adding the thumbnail? If you can do that, then the program can do it, but I think it's all automatic by youtube (or it used to be)
scottgrey321

Post by scottgrey321 »

How do you do it in the web browser on twitter.com manually to post a youtube link WITHOUT twitter adding the thumbnail?
It can be done if i tap on the X sign at the top left of the image below, then it would post only the link without the thumbnail.

f you can do that, then the program can do it
Yes it can be done. Maybe its the way i explained it, but i actually indicated it could be done on a web browser with twitter. i just don't know how to use Twitterdub to do it
Last edited by scottgrey321 on Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

scottgrey321 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:18 am
How do you do it in the web browser on twitter.com manually to post a youtube link WITHOUT twitter adding the thumbnail?
It can be done if i tap on the X sign at the top left of the image below, then it would post only the link without the thumbnail.
Ok, I didn't know that. It's not possible in twitterdub at this time. Your suggestion has been noted and added to the feature suggestions list. Depending on the demand for the change / feature will alter how quickly it gets implemented.

As others have asked for the option to prioritise their feature, I'm just letting you know (it's by no means compulsory) if the feature is very important to you, we do offer the chance to sponsor the feature to get it developed ASAP. If interested write in with your budget (it's simple, the more you pay bigger the priority will be :-) for further discussion: support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
scottgrey321

Post by scottgrey321 »

sent you a mail
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

scottgrey321 wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:12 am sent you a mail
Cheers, bit of a backlog with emails as have been a bit ill this week. Will get to it and reply ASAP