How to pause following process during the night?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
thethirdwave

How to pause following process during the night?

Post by thethirdwave »

Hello. I have a list of 5000 accounts to follow with 1 account.
I want to follow 200-400 accounts daily from my list. And I want TwitterDub to pause following during the night for 6 hours.
So it will look like a real person doing following.
Martin - please give advice - how to configure it to make a pause in task for 6 hours every day?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: How to pause following process during the night?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I want to follow 200-400 accounts daily from my list.
probably you don't, it's too many.

Set an action to perform 100 a day
starting at 10am, DAILY RUN AT*
1minute pause
you're done in 100 minutes, so about midday

* *DAILY RUN AT option will ignore the other repeat options, if you want to use those instead, set a repeat every 22 hours option or whatever
thethirdwave

Post by thethirdwave »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:30 pm * *DAILY RUN AT option will ignore the other repeat options, if you want to use those instead, set a repeat every 22 hours option or whatever
So if I set "a repeat every 22 hours option" - processor will work for 2 hours a day (doing only the part of the task), then pause and continue the task after 22 hours will pass? Am I right?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

thethirdwave wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:34 am
martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 8:30 pm * *DAILY RUN AT option will ignore the other repeat options, if you want to use those instead, set a repeat every 22 hours option or whatever
So if I set "a repeat every 22 hours option" - processor will work for 2 hours a day (doing only the part of the task), then pause and continue the task after 22 hours will pass? Am I right?
Depends how long you set your pause. Assuming 100 second pause, then yes it will take about 2 hours
Set 200 second pause and it will take 4 hours

etc