Why new Promo accounts are getting banned - Correct me if I'm wrong please Martin

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Aturingtest

Why new Promo accounts are getting banned - Correct me if I'm wrong please Martin

Post by Aturingtest »

So I think I have worked out why some fresh accounts are being banned/suspended.

Ok I set the Promo to 75 follows 150 likes
But I set daily increments to start at 1 to 100 for follows and likes.
So this is what I have observed while watching the logs.
The program batters the API for 30 mins looking for 75 follows and 150 likes.
Then adheres to the daily limits and does 1 follow and 1 like for the account.
So instead of checking the daily increment / limit and then doing that many actions it does it backwards - finding the promo action value in follows and likes and then doing the daily / increment limit actions.

And I have tested this :
I set up a promo with 3 follow and 3 likes
Set the daily increment to start at 1
It did the whole process in about 4 mins.
If I set the same promo to 100 then - program runs for 35 mins to do 1 follow and 1 like.

So my conclusion is / right or wrong , that the promo is getting new accounts banned , not because its doing to many "actions", but because its making a huge amount of totally unnecessary API calls that's flagging it as a bot?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Why new Promo accounts are getting banned - Correct me if I'm wrong please Martin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Aturingtest wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:11 pm The program batters the API for 30 mins looking for 75 follows and 150 likes.
75 / 150 isn't a lot. Should only be about 10 searches / pages to get those details. Certainly shouldn't be 30 minutes and hammer the site to collect that data.

Any other options you are using? I'll test, but cannot see why that alone would cause issues / excessive scraping.

But yes, the DAILY LIMITS won't effect the scraping part, as the daily limit will not be checked until the processing starts.

I'll make sure it does in future, daily limits were a protection, not really to intended to modify the action itself, it will do what you specified, just drop out if those protections hit.

But for daily promo, it does make sense it modifies the action itself.

I'll have a look at that later today hopefully
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Why new Promo accounts are getting banned - Correct me if I'm wrong please Martin

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:56 pm
I'll have a look at that later today hopefully
tomorrow / tuesday :-)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

The next update will include this feature. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
Aturingtest

Post by Aturingtest »

Thanks Martin as always :)