I used "Verify web login" often

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
darude

I used "Verify web login" often

Post by darude »

For some reason I did not know that "verify web login" makes the accounts relogin again every time I use it.

which of course causes problems and lowers the trust score of the accounts (or so I have been told)

I have been doing "Verify web login" at least 3x per week since I started using twitterdub, and got a lot of bans / arkose.

Is it possible that this was at least partially the reason for so many bans / arkose?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: I used "Verify web login" often

Post by martin@rootjazz »

darude wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:18 pm For some reason I did not know that "verify web login" makes the accounts relogin again every time I use it.
It doesn't, it tests the cookies by default, so will pull the timeline if that works, we all good.

If you UNCHECK use cookiers, then it goes through the login process
which of course causes problems and lowers the trust score of the accounts (or so I have been told)
Not really. People MAY think that, or hear it rumoured. But there is no evidence. I test my test accounts all the time, more than most for login and they are fine.
I have been doing "Verify web login" at least 3x per week since I started using twitterdub, and got a lot of bans / arkose.

Is it possible that this was at least partially the reason for so many bans / arkose?
Unlikely, more likely the account / IP / other usage
What proxies you using?
What are you doing as well?

As I said, unless you remove cookies, tell the program to login WITHOUT cookies, all you are doing is checking the timeline, which is an activity accounts do 100s of times a day in normal usage

Regards,
Martin
darude

Post by darude »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:30 pm
darude wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:18 pm For some reason I did not know that "verify web login" makes the accounts relogin again every time I use it.
It doesn't, it tests the cookies by default, so will pull the timeline if that works, we all good.

If you UNCHECK use cookiers, then it goes through the login process
Not really. People MAY think that, or hear it rumoured. But there is no evidence. I test my test accounts all the time, more than most for login and they are fine.

Unlikely, more likely the account / IP / other usage
What proxies you using?
What are you doing as well?

As I said, unless you remove cookies, tell the program to login WITHOUT cookies, all you are doing is checking the timeline, which is an activity accounts do 100s of times a day in normal usage

Regards,
Martin
wow, really hoped that was the cause.

I was always having "Use cookies" checked when doing so.

residential proxies, but now Im in the process of switching to 4g proxies

will give an update on how it goes after some testing.

twitterdub will use the same cookies every time it does actions, right? also heard its important not to refresh cookies often
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

darude wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:40 pm
twitterdub will use the same cookies every time it does actions, right? also heard its important not to refresh cookies often
cookies update everytime you do something potentially. Twitter returns a response that may update / add / modify cookies. It's how cookies work

The program works with cookies, the same as chrome / firefox will when you do anything in twitter.com

Regards,
Martin
darude

Post by darude »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:54 pm
cookies update everytime you do something potentially. Twitter returns a response that may update / add / modify cookies. It's how cookies work

The program works with cookies, the same as chrome / firefox will when you do anything in twitter.com

Regards,
Martin
really? I thought cookies dont change. wow feeling real dumb now :D

they update, but the majority of the cookie stays the same right? or does it change completely?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

darude wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:57 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:54 pm

Regards,
Martin
really? I thought cookies dont change. wow feeling real dumb now :D

they update, but the majority of the cookie stays the same right? or does it change completely?
Depends. It's up to the site.

Cookies are a collection of name=value pairs

they can be added / removed / modified as the site wishes.

there is usually a login / session token, to show you have logged in, that may not change, but there is nothing to say it doesn't.

It's just a name=value pair list the site can use as it wishes