Getting started

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
cyclop

Getting started

Post by cyclop »

Hi! I have watched many tutorial videos but still it's quite confusing for me. Maybe because I've never used bot tools. I would like to suggest to make an overview tutorial video about all functions the program has. OF course there are too many but at least all the tabs and the general logic of the program&interface. Definitely I could see that each tab is very similar but still i didn't get it yet :roll:

And for now please excuse me for these questions..

1)
I did 1 tweet via "Search and reply / comment" with these settings. So my account took 1 url from the file - and did all the actions marked + 3 auto @mentions in the reply(it scraped just 1 page so it can't be long). The pause period is from 2 till 9 seconds. So it should finish the job under 1 minute, right?
However it took around 6 minutes to complete. And I noticed that it made a long pause after each action - like, follow, retweet, etc. Most settings are default. What is the reason for so long pauses? Here is the log file of this task.

2) Same tab. Auto mentions menu. I can get followers from the account that I'm replying to (FollowersOf #user-id#). But how can i get a list of my account followers? In case i want to mention followers of my account.

More questions coming later :)
cyclop

Re: Getting started

Post by cyclop »

3) Another question, more complex..
I want to watch for a profile and like, retweet, reply with Auto @mentions to all new tweets. "Search and Reply" does it great except that it can't watch for new tweets. "Watch Users for new tweets" can but it doesn't have Auto @mentions. How to do?

And ideally I would like to scrape new tweets and action only if keywords found. So I will interact not with all tweets but only with tweets that have a keyword. Is it possible?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

cyclop wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:31 pm Hi! I have watched many tutorial videos but still it's quite confusing for me. Maybe because I've never used bot tools. I would like to suggest to make an overview tutorial video about all functions the program has. OF course there are too many but at least all the tabs and the general logic of the program&interface. Definitely I could see that each tab is very similar but still i didn't get it yet :roll:
that's waht the introductory / getting started series is meant to be. But it's hard to know how to aim it when I know the program inside and out, what makes sense for me is nonsensical for others. So any suggestions appreciated. What do you want to see?

And for now please excuse me for these questions..
yes yes lets go
1)
I did 1 tweet via "Search and reply / comment" with these settings. So my account took 1 url from the file - and did all the actions marked + 3 auto @mentions in the reply(it scraped just 1 page so it can't be long). The pause period is from 2 till 9 seconds. So it should finish the job under 1 minute, right?
However it took around 6 minutes to complete. And I noticed that it made a long pause after each action - like, follow, retweet, etc. Most settings are default. What is the reason for so long pauses? Here is the log file of this task.
Probably just some default precautions. You were performing multiple actions: follow / like / retweet and comment and with a search to find the people to mention.

Lets check the logs... oh the link you said doesn't exist, it's a 404

You can submit the logs to me via:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the numbers are sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

Or if you click VIEW RAW LOGS from the real time view, copy and paste the file to me via email (it continues private information so best not to post to the forum)

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
2) Same tab. Auto mentions menu. I can get followers from the account that I'm replying to (FollowersOf #user-id#). But how can i get a list of my account followers? In case i want to mention followers of my account.
Either pre scrape them and enter them on the LEFT side, or, set up the search as you did, but instead of #user-id# token, use your profile username / URL

More questions coming later :)
:-) Feel free to post any and all questions you have
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

cyclop wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:08 pm 3) Another question, more complex..
I want to watch for a profile and like, retweet, reply with Auto @mentions to all new tweets. "Search and Reply" does it great except that it can't watch for new tweets. "Watch Users for new tweets" can but it doesn't have Auto @mentions. How to do?
You can do it with SEARCH AND REPLY, but you have to use the REPEAT EVERY option. Set to REPEAT EVERY 1 hour, or 10 minutes...

I've made a note to get AUTO MENTIONS added to WATCH NEW TWEET tab, didn't realise it wasn't - sorry about that
And ideally I would like to scrape new tweets and action only if keywords found. So I will interact not with all tweets but only with tweets that have a keyword. Is it possible?
SEARCH AND REPLY with FILTER: Include word

Again WATCH NEW TWEET doesn't have this option, note made to add an include filter. I'll let you know once done

Regards,
Martin
cyclop

Post by cyclop »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:43 pm that's waht the introductory / getting started series is meant to be. But it's hard to know how to aim it when I know the program inside and out, what makes sense for me is nonsensical for others. So any suggestions appreciated. What do you want to see?
Thank you for your replies!
I think it would be good to have 1 general video, where you could explain each tab and even each button functionality and the general logic of the program structure, filters etc. Yes this video will be long but we want to understand your program fully ;)

Or if you click VIEW RAW LOGS from the real time view, copy and paste the file to me via email
Sent by email
Either pre scrape them and enter them on the LEFT side, or, set up the search as you did, but instead of #user-id# token, use your profile username / URL
Yes but how can i use a variable of current account? Smth like #my_username# so I could do this action for many accounts.
cyclop

Post by cyclop »

Few new questions:
  • I run Daily promo task. It seems to be useful for new accounts. But I see in the log and in the profile that the program just does tasks about likes but it doesn't follow profiles. Why?
Promo style is Safe and efficient mode is on.I added 1 keyword and 1 account of "similar accounts".

• After a while the program stops to show my accounts in each tab except few tabs like "Update Accounts", "Search and tweet", "Tweet RSS" (always random). If you press [+] it will show all contacts but you still can't do anything and run the tasks.
The solution is to restart the program. I had this problem few times already. I don't know what triggers it and the tab where you can still see accounts can be any. I have sent you the logs of today: logs_17029. It contains the promo task from above as well.
cyclop

Post by cyclop »

Few more:

6) What does "Share Across Accounts" feature does?

7) Let's say I want to do 10 likes per account and I want that 1 of this likes will have a retweet as well. How to do it?
So it should be the same tweet that was liked...
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

cyclop wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:06 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:43 pm that's waht the introductory / getting started series is meant to be. But it's hard to know how to aim it when I know the program inside and out, what makes sense for me is nonsensical for others. So any suggestions appreciated. What do you want to see?
Thank you for your replies!
I think it would be good to have 1 general video, where you could explain each tab and even each button functionality and the general logic of the program structure, filters etc. Yes this video will be long but we want to understand your program fully ;)
If you want something specific, please say. Simply saying "videos on everything" isn't very helpful. Because if I did, you wouldn't watch them. You watch maybe 5% of them, they get it figured out and not bother with the rest :-)

Or if you click VIEW RAW LOGS from the real time view, copy and paste the file to me via email
Sent by email
will check
Yes but how can i use a variable of current account? Smth like #my_username# so I could do this action for many accounts.
ahhhh ok, next update will give you full access to all tokens in the input box, so #my_username# will work
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

cyclop wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:06 pm Few more:

6) What does "Share Across Accounts" feature does?
select 10 of your acounts, do NOT check this option and create the action you get 10 actions, one per account. Check SHARED and you get one action with 10 accounts working in a single action, "sharing out" the results to process
7) Let's say I want to do 10 likes per account and I want that 1 of this likes will have a retweet as well. How to do it?
So it should be the same tweet that was liked...
adv pre actions > retweet > set 10% as the process rate
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin