Site Admin

Re: Bulk update accounts

Post by martin@rootjazz »

let me check, I don't remember how it works
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok country and lanaguage updates added to next update, will let you know when ready

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

papamax

Post by papamax »

Amazing Martin! This is a great addition, thanks for your continued support.

How does the mapping works on the CSV for the country and language, seems like the visual instructions on the update accounts tab was not updated.
Do they come after bio? or can't be done via CSV?

---

I also take the opportunity to report something related to this same Update Accounts Tab.... I have used DELETE ASSIGN PHONE feature on a couple of accounts and although it does remove the number from the twitter account, the twitter dub column for "Phone Verified" doesn't update, it still shows as phone verified? Is that normal and correct or it should update that column and remove the X from there?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

papamax wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:37 am
How does the mapping works on the CSV for the country and language, seems like the visual instructions on the update accounts tab was not updated.
Do they come after bio? or can't be done via CSV?
Sorry I forgot to update the instructions (but is coded so will work as below)
CSV:
username,name,website,location,new_username,avatar,header,bio,country,lang
or
name,website,location,new_username,avatar,header,bio,country,lang

I also take the opportunity to report something related to this same Update Accounts Tab.... I have used DELETE ASSIGN PHONE feature on a couple of accounts and although it does remove the number from the twitter account, the twitter dub column for "Phone Verified" doesn't update, it still shows as phone verified? Is that normal and correct or it should update that column and remove the X from there?
That column comes from a LOGIN / STATS call when the properties returned by twitter are checked. I am unsure if removing the phone number means the account is no longer verified...
papamax

Post by papamax »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:20 pm
That column comes from a LOGIN / STATS call when the properties returned by twitter are checked. I am unsure if removing the phone number means the account is no longer verified...

I am also unsure if the account is then considered NOT VERIFIED... However here is what happens...

After successful removal below:

The phone number still shows on the account tab of TD (NOT on twitter - on twitter it is removed) and the tick on phone verified is still there as well... the TICK is ok, would't matter if the phone doesn't show in the field... If the phone keeps on showing on the field after removal (as it currently is) then things can easily scale into a massive problem of not knowing what is what... Where you have 50 accounts, half with phones removed but still showing phone verified and showing a number on the field that should now be empty and the other half of the accounts still verified and with actual numbers attached to them as they should be....

Half would be have phone on them and the other half would not but they would look exactly the same in TD.. I think we have to make sure that phone number is removed from the field below after it is successfully removed from the account as it was in this case. Image below is after phone was successfully removed

darude

Post by darude »

papamax wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:21 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:20 pm

I am also unsure if the account is then considered NOT VERIFIED... However here is what happens...

After successful removal below:

The phone number still shows on the account tab of TD (NOT on twitter - on twitter it is removed) and the tick on phone verified is still there as well... the TICK is ok, would't matter if the phone doesn't show in the field... If the phone keeps on showing on the field after removal (as it currently is) then things can easily scale into a massive problem of not knowing what is what... Where you have 50 accounts, half with phones removed but still showing phone verified and showing a number on the field that should now be empty and the other half of the accounts still verified and with actual numbers attached to them as they should be....

Half would be have phone on them and the other half would not but they would look exactly the same in TD.. I think we have to make sure that phone number is removed from the field below after it is successfully removed from the account as it was in this case. Image below is after phone was successfully removed

does the country feature change work? and how did the accounts choose which country to have as start? was it based of the IP the accounts were registered or the IPs that the account is currently using (your proxy IP)?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

darude wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:54 pm
does the country feature change work?
Worked when I tested
and how did the accounts choose which country to have as start? was it based of the IP the accounts were registered or the IPs that the account is currently using (your proxy IP)?
No idea, IP sounds like a good guess. You'd have to ask twitter
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

papamax wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:21 pm The phone number still shows on the account tab of TD (NOT on twitter - on twitter it is removed) and the tick on phone verified is still there as well... the TICK is ok, would't matter if the phone doesn't show in the field...
The tick will update at next STATS run or next full login (or when a time passes and TD checks again.

If the phone keeps on showing on the field after removal (as it currently is) then things can easily scale into a massive problem of not knowing what is what... Where you have 50 accounts, half with phones removed but still showing phone verified and showing a number on the field that should now be empty and the other half of the accounts still verified and with actual numbers attached to them as they should be....

yes I see the issue, however the phone number as entered, may not be the verified phone number, it could be the number you want to verify to, which may / may not be the same. I'm way to remove it, in case it causes issues for some users, but I see your point, it could cause massive issues.

Let me have a think
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, next update will remove it, and the old number will be stored should people want to see it

The next update will include this feature. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin