Logged out data and setup gone

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Gimlithestud

Logged out data and setup gone

Post by Gimlithestud »

Hi i started setting up twitter dub with some test accounts and proxies yesterday.
I launched twitterdub many times and everything was fine.
However when i launched it most recently it promted me to enter my license code/ key and my email again (like how it does when you launch twitterdub for the first time).
I entered my code and email again and got in but now all the accounts i had imported, data and setup is not there.

This doesnt actually matter that much to me right now as i only had a few testing accounts loaded in, however i obviously want to avoid this happening in the future or find a way to get back my previous setup.
Is there anything i might have done to cause this?
Replies and help will be greatly appreciated
Thanks.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Logged out data and setup gone

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Either the data was deleted or the OS doesn't allow access to the folder

%appdata%\rootjazz\twitterdub\database\dbaccount

in that folder do you see any files? one file represents one account. So if you have files and none load into twitterdub, then something is wrong.

Submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the numbers are sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

And I can check for database loading issues and we can take it from there
Gimlithestud

Post by Gimlithestud »

ID: logs_18033_gimlithestudgmailcom_3.3.0.8_Twitterdub_
Yeah there are files in there.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Gimlithestud wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:48 pm ID: logs_18033_gimlithestudgmailcom_3.3.0.8_Twitterdub_
Yeah there are files in there.
thanks I'll check. Sorry I should have also said to submit database

TOOLS > CREATE DB BACKUP AND SEND TO SUPPORT

then send your DB ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

Regards,
Martin
Gimlithestud

Post by Gimlithestud »

Thanks
Gimlithestud

Post by Gimlithestud »

Ill post the db id in full as im not sure if they are the right 4 numbers -

database_backup_3.3.0.8_2022-05-04.95779927_gimlithestudgmailcom.z
ip

Thats what is says
Gimlithestud

Post by Gimlithestud »

Also before the issue occured I was moving some of the twittterdub folders about
I moved the twitterdub folder with like the actionlogs, avatars,config, data, database file groups etc. too my home screen to make it easier to acces the avatars i was scraping.

Maybe I could have done something to cause the issue then im not sure.
This wasnt in the program just moving my laptop files about.

And im not too concerened about recovering my previous imported accounts and setup, just want to prevent it from happening again once i upload the non test accounts n proxies i actually intend to use.

Thank you for your replies and for looking into it.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Gimlithestud wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:18 pm Also before the issue occured I was moving some of the twittterdub folders about
I moved the twitterdub folder with like the actionlogs, avatars,config, data, database file groups etc. too my home screen to make it easier to acces the avatars i was scraping.
lol we have a winner. :lol: :lol:

That's the issue. You cannot move that folder (database). It contains all your accounts / action / data. If you move it, the app cannot find it :-)

If you want it for easier access on your desktop, right click the folder > CREATE SHORTCUT and it will add a link to the folder to your desktop

Regards,
Martin
Gimlithestud

Post by Gimlithestud »

lol thanks im glad it was just that and it makes sense.
If I uninstall and reinstall twitterdub will all the folders be in the right place?

I don't know where to put the folders and where i moved some of the folders yesterday lol.

I dont care if by reinstalling i lose the data of my test accounts, just want to know for sure everything is in the correct location.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Gimlithestud wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 9:57 am lol thanks im glad it was just that and it makes sense.
If I uninstall and reinstall twitterdub will all the folders be in the right place?
If you just open the app, if the folders are not found, they are created (but without your data).

You can just copy the folders back to the correct location and your data will reload, or if you don't mind starting again, then carry on as you are
I don't know where to put the folders and where i moved some of the folders yesterday lol.

I dont care if by reinstalling i lose the data of my test accounts, just want to know for sure everything is in the correct location.
Just open the program and run it. No need to reinstall :-)