Missing twitter account

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Missing twitter account

Post by martin@rootjazz »

read this, unsure if it is true, but if so, would help get your list of followers maybe
Get list of Twitter followers from the official desktop website

Go to www.Twitter.com and Log in.
Locate and click on ‘More’ in the menu.
Now click on ‘Settings and privacy’.
Next, click on ‘Your account’.
Click on ‘Download an archive of your data’.
Enter your password to start the process.
Bri

Post by Bri »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 8:36 pm
Bri wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:27 am It's not a scrape I'd usually do. I'm trying to scrape my followers so I can delete my db then import already followed/followers. To see if it fixes the processing times. Thank you
Are you running a filter on the search action to get your followers? If so, that will drastically increase the time to perform the action
no, filters for default av and private, to skip these accounts is only used when im scanning someone's followers to follow, what do the logs show?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bri wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:08 pm
Bri wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:27 am It's not a scrape I'd usually do. I'm trying to scrape my followers so I can delete my db then import already followed/followers. To see if it fixes the processing times. Thank you
Are you running a filter on the search action to get your followers? If so, that will drastically increase the time to perform the action
no, filters for default av and private, to skip these accounts is only used when im scanning someone's followers to follow, what do the logs show?
Please confirm.

You said "no" as in there are NO FILTER
Then say, you are using filter for default av and private. So YES there is a filter.
Bri

Post by Bri »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:03 pm
Bri wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:08 pm

Please confirm.

You said "no" as in there are NO FILTER
Then say, you are using filter for default av and private. So YES there is a filter.
No, no filters were used, when scraping MY followers!

I did the download Twitter data archive request over 24 hours ago, I'm still waiting on it to be sent to me, then we can analyse it.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, thanks for clarifying that.

5 days for 100k does sound a lot. Let me check logs again as I thought your search was with filters, but I must have been looking at wrong logs

:oops:
Bri

Post by Bri »

Looking at my Twitter data archive download, I don't see an option to copy my following/followers' data, do you know how?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bri wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:14 pm Looking at my Twitter data archive download, I don't see an option to copy my following/followers' data, do you know how?
No. Never done it, just read on that random page. Are they in the data and you need help to extract? Or you not sure it's even there?
Bri

Post by Bri »

Morning Martin, thanks for your time and efforts, but I've removed all the database, and I'm starting again, can't be arsed with all the stress of it, lol. Cheers mate,

after deleting all my DB files, I recalibrated my followings, then scraped all my followers, I then clicked on view whitelist, and added all these users into this file, (is this correct).?

why is it, every time you open a whitelist FOR THE SAME ACCOUNT, it will open, but when I close it and view it again, it opens a different filename?

username_whitelist
username_whitelist1
username_whitelist2
username_whitelist3

why does it not remember the 'one' whitelist file?

thanks, mate
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bri wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:48 am
why is it, every time you open a whitelist FOR THE SAME ACCOUNT, it will open, but when I close it and view it again, it opens a different filename?

username_whitelist
username_whitelist1
username_whitelist2
username_whitelist3

why does it not remember the 'one' whitelist file?

thanks, mate
it's a temp file. It's not your actual whitelist file. The items are read from the database, saved to a file and that file opened.
Bri

Post by Bri »

thanks, is there a way to view the actual whitelist file?