how to setup these kind of actions in twitterdub

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: how to setup these kind of actions in twitterdub

Post by martin@rootjazz »

younique wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:38 pm
Great, thank you again for the answer, and this syntax works with like and retweet modules too?
The module doesn't matter, it's a custom search step, so works anywhere you can use custom search (so everywhere)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

younique wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 11:13 pm Hello, Martin
It's me again haha, so is there anyway that I delete my own tweets but keeping retweets, is that possible? or maybe just delete tweets that have media but still keeping the retweets
If you can scrape the list of your tweets but not retweets, then do that and use that list in the DELETE FROM FILE function.
younique

Post by younique »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:51 pm
It's me again haha, so is there anyway that I delete my own tweets but keeping retweets, is that possible? or maybe just delete tweets that have media but still keeping the retweets
If you can scrape the list of your tweets but not retweets, then do that and use that list in the DELETE FROM FILE function.
Thank you for the answers.
Got a new question, I have scraped all the media tweets from my accounts, but I have about 3000 accounts, how do I bulk deleted media tweets for those accounts?
younique

Post by younique »

the delete tweets function is not working for me somehow, I have all the tweets URLs in the txt file but after I choose that file, action finished without any tweets deleted.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

younique wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 11:14 am
Got a new question, I have scraped all the media tweets from my accounts, but I have about 3000 accounts, how do I bulk deleted media tweets for those accounts?
you need to tell which tweets you want each account to delete.

Otherwise, just bulk tell the accounts to delete their own tweets, it will scrape then delete.

but if you want each account to delete a selection only, you need to select account > specify which file / tweets to delete and create that action 1 by 1
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

younique wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:51 pm the delete tweets function is not working for me somehow, I have all the tweets URLs in the txt file but after I choose that file, action finished without any tweets deleted.
Please state a new thread for the issue please

Please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. Not everything will be relevant to your issue, but have a read as it gives an idea of the information you can provide to help me help you as quickly as possible without delays in having to request additional information :)

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634

Regards,
Martin
younique

Post by younique »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:17 pm

Otherwise, just bulk tell the accounts to delete their own tweets, it will scrape then delete.

but if you want each account to delete a selection only, you need to select account > specify which file / tweets to delete and create that action 1 by 1
I didn't get this part " bulk tell the accounts to delete their own tweets, it will scrape then delete" How can I do that? is it under scrape module?
younique

Post by younique »

younique wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:51 pm the delete tweets function is not working for me somehow, I have all the tweets URLs in the txt file but after I choose that file, action finished without any tweets deleted.
Please state a new thread for the issue please

Please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. Not everything will be relevant to your issue, but have a read as it gives an idea of the information you can provide to help me help you as quickly as possible without delays in having to request additional information :)

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634

Regards,
Martin
Alright, sorry about that.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

younique wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:02 am

I didn't get this part " bulk tell the accounts to delete their own tweets, it will scrape then delete" How can I do that? is it under scrape module?
Sorry I wasn't clear. Let me get some screenshots, was rushed yesterday as lost half the day going to help a friend at hospital who had just had an emergency operation and couldn't get home.

select accounts
click DELETE ALL

each account will create a DELETE action which will scrape>delete it's own tweets.

HOWEVER, if you only wanted to delete a selected few tweets, then you must provide the list on a per account basis and use the button DELETE TWEETS FILE

Regards,
Martin