How to manage bulk accounts with twitterdub

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
scottgrey4412

How to manage bulk accounts with twitterdub

Post by scottgrey4412 »

Hello, Good day martins. For a while now i have been having issues managing bulk twitter accounts with twitterdub. Twitterdub doesnt have an issue with importing as i able to import and verify account login succesfully(i believe it checks smoothly because it runs under one single action). But when it comes to processing the 1000 accounts(meaning 1000 actions),100 at a time, the program begins to act really slow and unusable.

Is there a solution to this? Do i need to upgrade to a higher VPS? If yes what is the recommended setup to handle up to 1000 accounts smoothly without program freezing?

Get back to me on this thanks.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: How to manage bulk accounts with twitterdub

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Depends what actions you are running and what the accounts are doing.

100 threads (concurrent actions) is going to have some slow down. The program is doing 100 things at once. Howmuch slow down depends on your machine.

What spec is it?
Is it a proper VPS or something with AWS / GOOGLE / AZURE which will throttle your CPU if over use it.

Have you tried reducing threads to 10, if so, does that run better? Can your actions complete with 10 threads? Usually you don't need 100 threads. 10 threads and queuing the actions should be fine for 99% of usecases

Also, what type of actions are you running? There may be more efficent ways to do what you are doing

Regards,
Martin
scottgrey4412

Post by scottgrey4412 »

Howmuch slow down depends on your machine.
really??? meaning if i can get a faster VPS i would achieve better results?
Is it a proper VPS or something with AWS / GOOGLE / AZURE which will throttle your CPU if over use it.
I use a proper VPS and not anything related to AWS / GOOGLE / AZURE. I manage my server myself
Have you tried reducing threads to 10, if so, does that run better?
yes. And also running 100 also work good too. but when the number of actions exceed 250-300 it becomes slow.

example1: i have 200 actions created and i decide to run actions 100 at a time. it will work fine.
example2: i have 500 actions created and i decide to run actions 100 at a time. it will becomes really slow. why is that? even when the remaining actions are on the waiting state? i believe It shouldnt affect overall performance imo.
Also, what type of actions are you running? There may be more efficent ways to do what you are doing
running 100 at a time when the number of actions is less than or equal to 250 works fine. The is with me trying to expand the number of actions.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

scottgrey4412 wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:55 pm
Howmuch slow down depends on your machine.
really??? meaning if i can get a faster VPS i would achieve better results?
Faster machine, faster apps.

More noticable if your VPS is underpowered to begin with.

Have you tried reducing threads to 10, if so, does that run better?
yes. And also running 100 also work good too. but when the number of actions exceed 250-300 it becomes slow.

example1: i have 200 actions created and i decide to run actions 100 at a time. it will work fine.
example2: i have 500 actions created and i decide to run actions 100 at a time. it will becomes really slow. why is that? even when the remaining actions are on the waiting state? i believe It shouldnt affect overall performance imo.
strange, are you 100% sure? it isn't just coincidence?
Also, what type of actions are you running? There may be more efficient ways to do what you are doing
running 100 at a time when the number of actions is less than or equal to 250 works fine. The is with me trying to expand the number of actions.

Related to above, what actions?
Follow
inbox
search
like etc

could be just be slower, because the 100 processing actions are different, it isn't actually related to the 500/200 waiting actions?
scottgrey4412

Post by scottgrey4412 »

strange, are you 100% sure? it isn't just coincidence?
really strange but true and it isnt a coincidence, i am 100% sure of that. I have noticed this mutiple times with follow, retweet, and search and reply tweet/comment.

i can send you bulk freshly created account for you to test this or you can test this yourself.
create about 200 actions and try running 100 at a time and see how it runs. Then also create 500 actions and see how it runs, 100 at a time. Set processing on RUN before creating action(thats how i do it)
it isn't actually related to the 500/200 waiting actions?
The waiting actions shouldnt affect performance or should it? i feel even if i have 1000 waiting actions it shouldn't affect performance because it isnt running
scottgrey4412

Post by scottgrey4412 »

If you need anything to help with your testing just let me know. Thanks Mr Martins. Appreciate all you do!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

scottgrey4412 wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:28 pm
it isn't actually related to the 500/200 waiting actions?
The waiting actions shouldnt affect performance or should it? i feel even if i have 1000 waiting actions it shouldn't affect performance because it isnt running
Not noticeably. they will be loaded into memory. Checking of some values for ordering / maintaining the list. But 200 / 500 is nothing. shouldn't be noticeable

I'll run tests next week and get back to you

Regards,
Martin
scottgrey4412

Post by scottgrey4412 »

Not noticeably. they will be loaded into memory. Checking of some values for ordering / maintaining the list. But 200 / 500 is nothing. shouldn't be noticeable
Thanks alot Mr martins. Appreciate this
scottgrey4412

Post by scottgrey4412 »

still testing?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

scottgrey4412 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:15 pm still testing?
Has been holidays here so am backed log with work to catch up.