I do'nt have Wi-Fi

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
kaoru

I do'nt have Wi-Fi

Post by kaoru »

I don't have a Wi-Fi connection at the moment, so I'll be working in a cafe. Once it's set up, will it run even if I don't have an internet connection?
kaoru

Re: I do'nt have Wi-Fi

Post by kaoru »

twitterdub
Yrokumata

Post by Yrokumata »

Of course not...you always need an internet connection for the program to run ;)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Shiro wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:24 am I don't have a Wi-Fi connection at the moment, so I'll be working in a cafe. Once it's set up, will it run even if I don't have an internet connection?

Hi,

The program is a desktop application. So you need to install it on a machine and run it. The program must be on and the machine must be on for it to function.

You can think of the program as personal secretary that you give instructions to do.

Search for this
Filter by that
Save results to this file
Perform XYZ on each result in the file.

The secretary then sits at your machine and performs your instructions.

So just like the secretary can not do any work if the machine is not on, or there is no internet, just like your secretary can do no work, nor can the application (twitterdub)

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Yrokumata wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:45 pm Of course not...you always need an internet connection for the program to run ;)
In this modern day of server apps, where the actually processing is done on the server and carries on when your device is closed, this is often asked. It's always surprising to me, having grown up with desktop apps, but for many, desktop apps are a thing of the distant past :-)

There are pros and cons to both. The pro here is, you run the app, you control your data. I have no idea who you are, what you do, or how you do it. You have complete privacy. There is nothing I can do, to find out who you are, what you do, or how you do it.

For things such as automation, where 100% complete confidence is required, desktop apps make sense. Maybe not as convenient as a server app for some, but it's safer.

Regards,
Martin