user filter languages not working

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Yrokumata

user filter languages not working

Post by Yrokumata »

Hi Martin,
I have 2 accounts in the same niche. In one I choose to scrape only English tweets and on the other the remaining most speaking languages (es,fr,de) etc...
The program is scraping and following the exact some users. The log file show the language filer empty.
Cheers!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: user filter languages not working

Post by martin@rootjazz »

My apologies for the issues. Can you explain how you are setting the different languages and what exact searches you are running.

It could be the search code was updated due to twitter changes in how things work and the language option wasn't added / or removed or something else.

But as much detail as to what and how you doing it, so I can replicate your EXACT actions should help me figure it out

Regards,
Martin
Yrokumata

Post by Yrokumata »

Hi Martin,

I use in one account: custom search: recent tweets, creator of tweet. User filter: languages. Per line: fr,es,de,pt etc...

The other account the same but in languages only "en".

Search for the same term for both "ex: meditation". When I check the users I'm following they are exactly the same. This means that the program is not running the languages option.

Cheers!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, so it only works if the profile has a specified language, they don't all have it - or don't have it any more. Will need to test and remove the option perhaps.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Seems tweet search can have lang option, so have changed to tweet filter instead.

The next update will include this feature. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin