Small changes that really can make a difference with shadowban issues

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Yrokumata

Small changes that really can make a difference with shadowban issues

Post by Yrokumata »

Hi Martin,

As you know, I came from FL. I used it for about 10 years with very small issues in all my accounts. I could be using them for more than 6 months without shadow banning or phone verifications.

I´m using twitterdub for about 2 weeks and I already had 4 shadow bans in some of my accounts. I believe I found why...

Small changes you could implement that FL had:

- General settings: You should be able to specify how much time we want the program to pause between tasks. In FL I was using between 2-4 minutes.
- Shuffle tasks: If I'm following, liking and sending dm's at the same time, the program should shuffle between these tasks alone. This gives a more human feeling to it.
- Dm's: In FL every time we posted a link it would turn it into a unique link every time. Something like .com/?uryt. This way I was sending about 75 -100 messages with unique links per day without any issues.

These changes are the most important I call recall right now. I really believe that can improve the program. :mrgreen:

Cheers!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Small changes that really can make a difference with shadowban issues

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Yrokumata wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:09 pm
As you know, I came from FL. I used it for about 10 years with very small issues in all my accounts. I could be using them for more than 6 months without shadow banning or phone verifications.
The same is true for all programs. Twitter in 2011 / 2015 is not the twitter of 2021

- General settings: You should be able to specify how much time we want the program to pause between tasks. In FL I was using between 2-4 minutes.
You mean actions? You can, right click > edit action on the processing tab will expose these options
- Shuffle tasks: If I'm following, liking and sending dm's at the same time, the program should shuffle between these tasks alone. This gives a more human feeling to it.
run the 3 actions with long random pauses: 60-600 (1m - 10min) and the 3 actions will process in a random way

- Dm's: In FL every time we posted a link it would turn it into a unique link every time. Something like .com/?uryt. This way I was sending about 75 -100 messages with unique links per day without any issues.
You can use tokens to achieve this and / or use the bitly tokens to replace the link with a bitly redirect (bitly-rand if you want it rand)
Yrokumata

Re: Small changes that really can make a difference with shadowban issues

Post by Yrokumata »

Thank you for the info's :mrgreen: