getsmscode reuse number?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Reapzzz

getsmscode reuse number?

Post by Reapzzz »

unfortunately I gave getsmscode a go on one of my accounts and it worked fine to verify the account but couple hours later when the account got locked it asked to send me a sms again to the same number and I can't seem to find an option on getsmscode to reuse a number, twitterdub is trying to reuse but just comes up with an error

WARNING: SMS code already requested, Twitter requesting send code: +********4449 - will attempt to reset state
Twitter requesting SMS code from previous phone number - attempting to reset to reassign phone number
Reassign phone attempt resp: 200

any idea if there is a way to reuse the number to receive the code for my twitter account or is the account gone pretty much?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: getsmscode reuse number?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Not with the program. You can log into getsms and request the same number, it may work (it may not).

Let me know how it goes
GrossoPoto

Post by GrossoPoto »

Hey !

This post seems the most appropriate to ask my question, since the OP and I share pretty much the same concern.

I'd like to run several Twitter accounts at once, but of course I fear that at some point, one of them will trigger a phone verification.

I wonder if using getsmscode a good idea ?

If we trigger several verification, we'll end up with several different numbers used for the process, which might be a red flag for Twitter.

I considered buying Google Voice accounts instead, so that every accounts will have a permanent phone number assigned to them.

When we double-click the account and go to the Optional Advanced options, we can assign a phone number to the account.

But what is the purpose of doing so ?

In case the account trigger a verification, does that mean that the software will automatically send me a verification code, and I'll have to somehow log as fast as possible to provide the SMS code ?
Or rather, just send an alert to the phone saying that the account has been flagged and need a verification ?
How does it affect the automation ? Will it stop every process until the verification, and then restart everything automatically ?

Concretely how does the verification process work if we choose safety and go the Google Voice way ?

I'm a bit paranoid on that point, but I prefer to be prepared than facing a fait accompli :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

GrossoPoto wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:32 pm
When we double-click the account and go to the Optional Advanced options, we can assign a phone number to the account.

But what is the purpose of doing so ?
When you log in from a new IP, twitter asks you to type in the phone number or email address somethings (not receive a code, just type it in. this allows that

In case the account trigger a verification, does that mean that the software will automatically send me a verification code, and I'll have to somehow log as fast as possible to provide the SMS code ?
No, only the SMS APIs can do that. Recent update added support for 5sim, which is working 100% for my tests:

settings: netherlands,any
Concretely how does the verification process work if we choose safety and go the Google Voice way ?
program requests the code, to the phone, then you must handle the extraction manually

Regards,
Martin