How do I delete Tweets?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
chupakabra
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:29 pm

How do I delete Tweets?

Post by chupakabra » Fri May 07, 2021 8:11 am

For now, I need to unretweet around 500 tweets that I did since last week...I want to either unretweet them or delete them form the profile.

How do I do that?

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 27408
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: How do I delete Tweets?

Post by martin@rootjazz » Fri May 07, 2021 12:23 pm

ACCOUNTS tab should have function to delete tweets

chupakabra
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:29 pm

Re: How do I delete Tweets?

Post by chupakabra » Fri May 07, 2021 4:10 pm

No, I want to unretweet all those RTs I have done with the bot...

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 27408
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: How do I delete Tweets?

Post by martin@rootjazz » Fri May 07, 2021 7:39 pm

chupakabra wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 4:10 pm
No, I want to unretweet all those RTs I have done with the bot...
Not exactly what you said :-p
chupakabra wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:11 am
or delete them form the profile.
But there is no way to specify a list to unretweet, so delete it is

chupakabra
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:29 pm

Re: How do I delete Tweets?

Post by chupakabra » Fri May 07, 2021 10:59 pm

Theres a problem with that, Its a company account and I cannot delete the Tweets because some are original tweets.

I only want to unretweet the posts that are RT'd.

If there is no way, can you pls add a module?

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 27408
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: How do I delete Tweets?

Post by martin@rootjazz » Sat May 08, 2021 1:51 pm

chupakabra wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:59 pm
Theres a problem with that, Its a company account and I cannot delete the Tweets because some are original tweets.
Scrape the tweets you want to unretweet/ delete then just delete those. You don't need to delete them all, you can pass in a file path
I only want to unretweet the posts that are RT'd.

If there is no way, can you pls add a module?

Actually just found it
RETWEET tab > UNRETWEET LIST

You will need to provide a list though of tweets to unretweet

Sorry didn't mention it before, forgot it existed


Regards,
Martin

chupakabra
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:29 pm

Re: How do I delete Tweets?

Post by chupakabra » Sat May 08, 2021 3:06 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:51 pm
chupakabra wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:59 pm
Theres a problem with that, Its a company account and I cannot delete the Tweets because some are original tweets.
Scrape the tweets you want to unretweet/ delete then just delete those. You don't need to delete them all, you can pass in a file path
I only want to unretweet the posts that are RT'd.

If there is no way, can you pls add a module?

Actually just found it
RETWEET tab > UNRETWEET LIST

You will need to provide a list though of tweets to unretweet

Sorry didn't mention it before, forgot it existed


Regards,
Martin
Yeah I saw hat UnRT list. I have absolutely no idea how to use it. Do you have a tutorial?

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 27408
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: How do I delete Tweets?

Post by martin@rootjazz » Sat May 08, 2021 9:40 pm

chupakabra wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 3:06 pm


Yeah I saw hat UnRT list. I have absolutely no idea how to use it. Do you have a tutorial?
No tutorial, but it's easy


Click the button
specify a file with the tweets you want to unretweet (one per line)


That's it. To get the tweets you want, use the SCRAPE TAB and scrape them from your account. If you need help with this step, let me know



Regards,
Martin

chupakabra
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:29 pm

Re: How do I delete Tweets?

Post by chupakabra » Sun May 09, 2021 9:03 am

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 9:40 pm
chupakabra wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 3:06 pm


Yeah I saw hat UnRT list. I have absolutely no idea how to use it. Do you have a tutorial?
No tutorial, but it's easy


Click the button
specify a file with the tweets you want to unretweet (one per line)


That's it. To get the tweets you want, use the SCRAPE TAB and scrape them from your account. If you need help with this step, let me know



Regards,
Martin
Yes Martin. So basically what I understand is I need to upload a txt of CSV file which contains...what? Post URLs? Or IDs? How do I get those? From scraping?

Can you pls guide me like step by step?

chupakabra
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:29 pm

Re: How do I delete Tweets?

Post by chupakabra » Mon May 10, 2021 3:44 am

HI Martin,

Can you please guide me?

Post Reply