processing to few items due to unique items

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
thegr812k

processing to few items due to unique items

Post by thegr812k »

Hello,

Im struggling to work out how to get round this issue. For quite some time the bot keeps pulling say 7-10 results and then always then ignores a number of them as they have already been processed which end up with it only processing 1-2 per action.

I have set unique items on - i assume i want this as i dont want to keep hitting the same accounts - but it appears the bot tried them none the less so the ACTUAL amount it follows in never near the paramaters i set.

when i check the result its always something like 1/8 or 2/7 due to this - is this by design?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: processing to few items due to unique items

Post by martin@rootjazz »

More details please.

What search are you running?
What options?
Submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the numbers are sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

When you turn on UNIQUE items, the program SHOULD detect previously processed items DURING the search and ignore them, then try the next page of results. I just tested, this works for me.

However, if your search is, for example USERNAME search, Twitter only returns 20 results, so the program can not get any more results, so you will only have a few processable items once you have processed the majority, until twitter returns different search results.

Also there is an option STOP SEARCH WHEN FIND PREVIOUSLY PROCESSED, if this is activated, again you will not get your max_items requested number of results, as you told the program to stop searching when find a processe item. This setting is useful if you want to get ONLY new followers from an account and not page back through to old followers.

Also, it could be a bug.

But with more info I can tell you exactly what is happening.

--------------------------------
For future reference, please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. Not everything will be relevant to your issue, but have a read as it gives an idea of the information you can provide to help me help you as quickly as possible without delays in having to request additional information :)

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634

Regards,
Martin
thegr812k

Post by thegr812k »

Log 40225.

Look back about 4 days and go backwards - i have since scraped a profile and worked from a list and its resolved the issue but not really the way i want to work.

So , i was using unique items, and stop processing items was unchecked.

It was a simple check , followers of account X then a few minor filters (follower count etc) and thats it. Nothing too complicated.

Been an issue since i got the software, last time i ended up changing the username to another and that fixed it for a short while but then started again.

I thought it could be that i had gone through all of the followers, but there was thousands and it wasnt a large follow quantity so i dont believe that to be the case
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

The issue appears to be the program is scraping profiles to follow to hit your target (7) but the profiles scraped you are ALREADY following, but the program is not aware (i.e. the program didn't follow them).

This could be due to
a) you following outside teh program)
b) database corruption causing program to "forget" who it has followed.

What you can do to fix this is to RECALIBRATE your followings.

Please ensure you are up to date: IMPORTANT
https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

Make sure you are not running ANY actions. Pause / clear the processor tab.

Clear your logs: HELP > LOGS > DELETE

goto FOLLOW TAB
check your account
click RECALIBRATE

Now run the action.

After completion, attempt to run your normal FOLLOW action, it should work. If not, please submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

Regards,
Martin