Full use of existing twitter api app?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
ajaa

Full use of existing twitter api app?

Post by ajaa »

Hello Martin,

Just bought the TwitterDub software, Wow :).

It looks nice from the beginning though did not started using it yet.

I have an old experience with twitter. I just left it but I may come back to it if the software help me :). Just a question, I have an old twitter app that has more than 10k users, its idea was to post for them words they like. So 10k subscribers in that Twitter App. So, is there a way to use that App in the software to control their posts, likes, retweets, etc. When i made that Twitter App, two years ago, when I were active there in twitter, I were using a PHP script with CronJob, that do that job and the script is still working. Actually it store all data in MySQL database, and recall it connect to Twitter API, App and do the job for them. Is your bot can do that? If yes then it is a good news to start with :)

Thanks!
ajaa

Re: Full use of existing twitter api app?

Post by ajaa »

Just clarification, I mean can I use the old twitter api app (i have its pass/secret codes) and then control the already users in it (10k+) via your software. I only have their usernames in the mysql database, but not passwords, because this is the way the twitter api/app works. they connect to it and give privilege but not their passwords.

Thanks!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

You would need the accounts oauth codes. If you had those, but not account details, then it would be possible. I don't think it is "currently" possible as never tested and I don't think you could add accounts with oauth codes alone.

But I could definitely add it easily enough. But you would need to have the oauth tokens (which is the permission you have been given to control the accounts).
ajaa

Post by ajaa »

martin@rootjazz wrote:You would need the accounts oauth codes. If you had those, but not account details, then it would be possible. I don't think it is "currently" possible as never tested and I don't think you could add accounts with oauth codes alone.

But I could definitely add it easily enough. But you would need to have the oauth tokens (which is the permission you have been given to control the accounts).

Yes you are right. I have these in the MySQl database for the 10k+ users,
the table inside the database named (User) has many information like:
Details like:
(( username,name,#of following, #of followers ))
and Codes
((twitter_otoken, twitter_otoken_secret, access_oauth_token, access_oauth_secret))

This how the php_script with mysql control them :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, if you have them, then I can add something for you to use them. Not going to be until the end of the weekk though, so remind me Thursday / Friday
ajaa

Post by ajaa »

martin@rootjazz wrote:ok, if you have them, then I can add something for you to use them. Not going to be until the end of the weekk though, so remind me Thursday / Friday
Sure I will do thanks
Last edited by ajaa on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ajaa

Post by ajaa »

Just a general question, does Instagram has an API app for third parties same as twitter. So, we can oauth users for using them. Or they do not have this. Because if Instagram has the same thing, then it will be so nice to control accounts via the API APP and not login via proxies,etc. I do not know about instagram, but I have seen in the past APPs for sharing likes, etc , so it might exist in the past? now? I do not know. Asking the expert guy, Martin :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

they did, but closed it down. They still do but you have to request access and is only really for big media companies I think.
ajaa

Post by ajaa »

Thanks Martin, very clear info. That's really not a good news that only big media companies have this privilege over other. If we own a big media company then we do not really want Instagram :) but Instagram may want us!
ajaa

Post by ajaa »

martin@rootjazz wrote:ok, if you have them, then I can add something for you to use them. Not going to be until the end of the weekk though, so remind me Thursday / Friday

Hello, I know you busy doing many things but I'm just reminding this about this if possible. Thanks.