[Feature Request] Reels Support

bmanfacts

Re: [Feature Request] Reels Support

Post by bmanfacts »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:58 pm err you'll have to remind me, what are reels?
How do you post them?
What options they have? you would want etc
Reels is a short-form video format that is similar to TikTok.
Instagram Reels can be up to 30 seconds long. [maybe even 60 seconds after recent updates]
They have typical tik-tok features, however...

What I would want at this time is just the ability to post them in their full aspect ratio, like the IGTV option.
They don't need to be created or edited in instadub at this time since the features can be a bit complex.

I think any more features, like watermarking or filters, could come after. However, this may not be necessary.
------
How to post: [Taken from https://www.businessinsider.com/how-to- ... gram-reels]

1st method
1. Start the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android device.

2. Tap the camera icon at the top left of the screen.

3. At the bottom of the screen, tap "Reels," to the right of "Live" and "Story." If you don't see the "Reels" option, update your app to the latest version in the app store.

4. Tap "Reels" on the camera page to start making a Reel.

5. Record your clip.

6. You can record your clip in segments until you've used up your entire period.

7. Tap the right arrow to preview your video. If you're happy with the result, tap the right arrow again.

8. On the "Share" page, enter a caption and then tap "Share" to post it.

When you're satisfied with your Reel, you can publish it the same way you'd publish a post on Instagram.

Method 2
How to make an Instagram Reel from video you've already recorded
You don't need to create a new, original video every time to publish a Reel. If you already have video on your phone, you can easily convert it to a Reel and publish it.

1. Start the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android device.

2. Tap the camera icon at the top left of the screen.

3. At the bottom of the screen, tap "Reels."

4. Swipe up to see your camera roll. Be careful not to swipe up from the very bottom of the screen on an iPhone or you'll close Instagram.

5. Locate the video you want to turn into an Instagram Reel and tap it.

6. Using the control at the bottom of the screen, choose the part of the video you want to use and then tap the check mark.

7. Apply any other effects and choose a musical soundtrack, if you want to.

8. Use the right arrow to preview and then publish the video as a Reel to your Instagram feed.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: [Feature Request] Reels Support

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Thanks I'll take a look into it