Unique items per account in Like Tab

DanyWyzy

Unique items per account in Like Tab

Post by DanyWyzy » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:44 am

Hi Martin,

can you please give me more info about this setting?

"Unique items per account" in the Like TAB

This is my doubt. I scraped my followers, I want to like 1-2 their posts (with some user filter set) and set the action to like x number of post every x min
My list is huge so I checked the Unique items per account setting to jump the id already processed.

If, after a month I'll use the same list, having previously set the Unique items per account setting, can't I like the posts of those followers anymore?

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Unique items per account in Like Tab

Post by martin@rootjazz » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:28 pm

Don't try and relike the same items

How are you specifying to find the media to like?

If you are passing in a PROFILE URL to the actual like routine, then it could be recording what you pass in, the profile so the unique check will be on that.

If you are passing in a file of profile URLs to the SEARCH module to get RECENT_POSTS (3) then the recent post URL is passed to the LIKE module and the post URL is recorded as unique.

So it all depends what and how you are doing it. To give a better answer, I need more info from you.

Or just test what you are doing with a sample of 1-2 items and see what happens

Regards,
Martin

DanyWyzy

Post by DanyWyzy » Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:25 am

Hi,
If you are passing in a file of profile URLs to the SEARCH module to get RECENT_POSTS (3) then the recent post URL is passed to the LIKE module and the post URL is recorded as unique.
Yes, this is my scenario and the action works as you described.
But in this way on a repeat action, every time it starts at the top of the list and it likes x photo skipping those already liked but those profile will have much photos liked... So is it better to use the setting Unique Accounts in Image filter?

Having a profile URLs of 15000 items I want to create a single repeat action that reads from that file and likes only the 2 most recent posts per profile.
But I would like to use the same list other times so I wouldn't want to have those profiles as unique.

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:50 pm

DanyWyzy wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 8:25 am
Hi,
Yes, this is my scenario and the action works as you described.
But in this way on a repeat action, every time it starts at the top of the list and it likes x photo skipping those already liked but those profile will have much photos liked...
yes, that is how it works. "get the (n) most recent images not processed yet. So the program will page over previous results to find your (n).

LATEST POST will only ever return the latest post, it will NOT page over previous posts to find an unprocessed image
So is it better to use the setting Unique Accounts in Image filter?
oh, it you want to keep passing in the SAME file but only process images from each profile once? If so, yes you need that filter option. Sorry I didn't realise this is what you are asking

Having a profile URLs of 15000 items I want to create a single repeat action that reads from that file and likes only the 2 most recent posts per profile.
But I would like to use the same list other times so I wouldn't want to have those profiles as unique.
tbh I am not sure what will happen with UNIQUE ACCOUNT filter if you want (2) recent images. As the 2nd recent item will not be a unique account. Depends if that is checked when checking the results of a search - it might / might not.