Auto-Solve Compromised Accounts?

eddielp123
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:53 pm

Auto-Solve Compromised Accounts?

Post by eddielp123 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:02 pm

Would there be a possibility to "auto-solve" compromised accounts?
They require you to enter your current password and then a new password twice.

Possibly by pre - setting a password that it would then change to OR auto - generating one is what I have thought of as options

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 25523
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Auto-Solve Compromised Accounts?

Post by martin@rootjazz » Fri May 15, 2020 1:35 pm

don't they also need an email verification? It was looked at before, but IIRC there was an issue that the email verification couldn't be handled on non-mobile device and I could not figure out how to replicate clicking a link in your email on mobile to automatically open the app.

eddielp123
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:53 pm

Re: Auto-Solve Compromised Accounts?

Post by eddielp123 » Fri May 15, 2020 1:50 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Fri May 15, 2020 1:35 pm
don't they also need an email verification? It was looked at before, but IIRC there was an issue that the email verification couldn't be handled on non-mobile device and I could not figure out how to replicate clicking a link in your email on mobile to automatically open the app.
honestly - don't know.
It happens a lot that accounts that need an email verification go to the compromised status AFTERWARDS,
but then they will just log as the IeForceSetNewPasswordForm - from that point on you could to the Auto-solving for the compromised accounts.

I do have a lot of accounts that are just standalone compromised without needing an email verification. I dont know if that is the result of doing the email verification, but i definitely do know that you dont need to do another email verification in order to handle the compromised status

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 25523
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Auto-Solve Compromised Accounts?

Post by martin@rootjazz » Sat May 16, 2020 12:44 pm

Send me a couple of accounts and I can check again. But last time it wasn't possible, but I'll look as things do change

eddielp123
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:53 pm

Re: Auto-Solve Compromised Accounts?

Post by eddielp123 » Sat May 16, 2020 2:43 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 12:44 pm
Send me a couple of accounts and I can check again. But last time it wasn't possible, but I'll look as things do change
sure thing, just sent 3 accounts to your email

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 25523
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Auto-Solve Compromised Accounts?

Post by martin@rootjazz » Sat May 16, 2020 4:15 pm

Thanks, will look into it next week



Regards,
Martin

eddielp123
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:53 pm

Re: Auto-Solve Compromised Accounts?

Post by eddielp123 » Sat May 16, 2020 4:58 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 4:15 pm
Thanks, will look into it next week



Regards,
Martin
Awesome, have a good weekend ! :)

eddielp123
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:53 pm

Re: Auto-Solve Compromised Accounts?

Post by eddielp123 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:36 pm

Any update on this? :)

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 25523
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Auto-Solve Compromised Accounts?

Post by martin@rootjazz » Tue May 26, 2020 9:52 pm

Completely slipped off my todo list.

Can you send me an email so I know which email address to check for the accounts to test

eddielp123
Posts: 345
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:53 pm

Re: Auto-Solve Compromised Accounts?

Post by eddielp123 » Tue May 26, 2020 10:55 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 9:52 pm
Completely slipped off my todo list.

Can you send me an email so I know which email address to check for the accounts to test
Just sent an email with accounts :)

Post Reply