Scraping issue

mdtanos
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Scraping issue

Post by mdtanos » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:53 pm

Hi
Today for 2 times I did a scraping action using Instadub and set output for url's. But the result I'm getting is ID's, which is not useful to me. (is there a way to easily convert user id's to usernames?)
http://prntscr.com/qgyd2o

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 26923
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Scraping issue

Post by martin@rootjazz » Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:59 pm

What search were you running? How did you set it up?

Test IDs / URLs output and working fine here. So need to know what you did exactly to cause this.

As for wanting URLs and not IDs. Why? Usually IDs are preferred as a lookup is not required as IG works only with IDs (so if using IDs the URL must be converted to ID with a lookup which is rate limited.

mdtanos
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Re: Scraping issue

Post by mdtanos » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:52 pm

i need usernames because i want to use them in a macro app for my phone that do not accept user ids
http://somup.com/cqlu37fEeQ

Moses
Posts: 289
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:59 pm

Re: Scraping issue

Post by Moses » Sun Dec 29, 2019 11:30 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:59 pm
What search were you running? How did you set it up?

Test IDs / URLs output and working fine here. So need to know what you did exactly to cause this.

As for wanting URLs and not IDs. Why? Usually IDs are preferred as a lookup is not required as IG works only with IDs (so if using IDs the URL must be converted to ID with a lookup which is rate limited.
Martin i need your response in my post been waiting
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8747&p=55346#p55346

mdtanos
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Re: Scraping issue

Post by mdtanos » Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:54 pm

mdtanos wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:52 pm
i need usernames because i want to use them in a macro app for my phone that do not accept user ids
http://somup.com/cqlu37fEeQ
i need your help too martin@rootjazz

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 26923
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Scraping issue

Post by martin@rootjazz » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:29 pm

mdtanos wrote:
Mon Dec 30, 2019 2:54 pm
mdtanos wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:52 pm
i need usernames because i want to use them in a macro app for my phone that do not accept user ids
http://somup.com/cqlu37fEeQ
i need your help too martin@rootjazz
Please be patient when requiring support on the weekend, especially during the holidays

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 26923
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Scraping issue

Post by martin@rootjazz » Mon Dec 30, 2019 3:49 pm

mdtanos wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:52 pm
i need usernames because i want to use them in a macro app for my phone that do not accept user ids
http://somup.com/cqlu37fEeQ
checking - could be an issue with commenters step

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 26923
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Scraping issue

Post by martin@rootjazz » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:05 pm

The next update will fix this. I shall let you know when it is ready.



Regards,
Martin

mdtanos
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:40 pm

Re: Scraping issue

Post by mdtanos » Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:56 pm

ok thank you very much my friend!

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 26923
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Scraping issue

Post by martin@rootjazz » Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:48 pm


Post Reply