New Processor action functionality - repeat actions

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

New Processor action functionality - repeat actions

Post by martin@rootjazz » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:24 am

https://rootjazz.com/instadub/updatetesting.html

version 3.620 +

when an action repeats, it does not create a duplicate action in the processor, instead it resets it's status and resets the Wait schedule date.
Should be a big help for those with lots of quick / fast repeating actions from getting the processor out of control with completed actions.

Any thoughts / suggestions / feedback, please post below

rsbmanish

Re: New Processor action functionality - repeat actions

Post by rsbmanish » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:35 am

I wonder how we will see the last completed action here? In case of repeat follow from filepath, The last completed action tells how many entries are remaining so we can plan to change the list.

ajaa

Post by ajaa » Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:37 am

Well done Martin, great new change.

I tested it and really it's amazing in the way that it save the Processor from accumulation of actions.

I just have a remark, when double clicking the action when it's on "Waiting" status, it don't show anything untill it become "Processing". It will be nice to keep it accessible all the time, since it's now on Fixed position.

Again, it's a very great addition, it save the Processor when running many actions for many accounts, make it more easier to monitor.

Thanks,

Best regards

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:28 am

rsbmanish wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:35 am
I wonder how we will see the last completed action here? In case of repeat follow from filepath, The last completed action tells how many entries are remaining so we can plan to change the list.
The change isn't permanent, it is a test. Maybe it doesn't work out well at all and will go back to how it was.
Maybe it kind of works, but needs some adjustments to work great.

Future builds (tomorrow) will have an option to turn it on or use the old style.

Although I am thinking that eventually it will become the default method, ultimately it will be up to you guys, the actual users to decide

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:35 am

ajaa wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:37 am

I tested it and really it's amazing in the way that it save the Processor from accumulation of actions.

I just have a remark, when double clicking the action when it's on "Waiting" status, it don't show anything untill it become "Processing". It will be nice to keep it accessible all the time, since it's now on Fixed position.

Again, it's a very great addition, it save the Processor when running many actions for many accounts, make it more easier to monitor.

Thanks,

Best regards
ah yes, double clicking waiting, the program "assumes" there are no logs so that needs updating.

Also, there will probably need to be a new column, giving some indication to how many times the action has run, how many repeats left (if specified), how many of the previous repeats were completed / failed. Probably making it clearer what the repeat values are.

And probably an overview of previous actions as rsbmanish says, you need to know if the previous (n) actions were hitting targets. So a log out of previous runs, something like
22:40 40/40
22:04 32/40
21:51 5/40
21:28 40/40
20:37 40/40
20:03 2/40
Maybe the above is viewed via right click, and the last runs tally is display in a new column? To help at a glance looks

As always, thoughts / inputs / ideas welcome for discussion

biagle

Post by biagle » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:12 pm

some stats what is done and what is not should be for sure.

ajaa

Post by ajaa » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:41 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:35 am
ajaa wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:37 am

Thanks,

Best regards
ah yes, double clicking waiting, the program "assumes" there are no logs so that needs updating.

Also, there will probably need to be a new column, giving some indication to how many times the action has run, how many repeats left (if specified), how many of the previous repeats were completed / failed. Probably making it clearer what the repeat values are.

And probably an overview of previous actions as rsbmanish says, you need to know if the previous (n) actions were hitting targets. So a log out of previous runs, something like
22:40 40/40
22:04 32/40
21:51 5/40
21:28 40/40
20:37 40/40
20:03 2/40
Maybe the above is viewed via right click, and the last runs tally is display in a new column? To help at a glance looks

As always, thoughts / inputs / ideas welcome for discussion
Yes, these ideas are great, actually it's kind of view results of previous run, it's kind summarize previous run results which looks excellent. My idea of viewing old run log by double click waiting action, was trying to give full details as well, but if it's not possible, then what your are suggesting is also very good. Currently, once a repeat action is on Waiting all previous results are hidden even fail, which makes it just little frustrating. But the benefit of making Processor much compact and not fully of repeat completed,failed,actions is really great.

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Fri Feb 22, 2019 7:42 pm

logs will be shown on waiting from next update, was just an oversight.

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:26 pm

shows logs from waiting action
repeats column
records and options to view previous processing results (right click and real time viewer

ajaa

Post by ajaa » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:42 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:26 pm
shows logs from waiting action
repeats column
records and options to view previous processing results (right click and real time viewer

Thanks Martin, I'll test it shortly and I'll get back to you.